Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal HKE.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to Chris on the phone and he says it went fine.

Domain summit 2024

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well Chris has said he will email Moniker to clarify and confirm what he said to me on the phone. I guess Alex could claim that but of course I have all the PMs and payment history to prove otherwise.

What Moniker stated was that the domain went through like 8-10 accounts in the space of a few months so they believe it is stolen!

I said that happens when domains are traded and then apparently the manager said nope its a stolen name but they will look into it?!?!

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry James - I did say on the phone to you that I thought I may have sold it - I own a truckload of domains and I can't recall each one perfectly.

I have since got to a computer and although my moniker account appears to be locked (anytime you want to call me back, return my emails moniker....) I can still access snapnames.

As mentioned to you James in a subsequent email - it appears (I will confirm this 100% when I have access back to my moniker account) the name was listed on snapnames a while back and sold, but never actually paid for, until recently, when it was paid for then the payment appears to have been revoked...

Could this be how they stole the name? I really am unsure - I need access to my account and hope moniker can get in touch soon.

James, I will assist in any way I can to bring whoever is responsible to justice as I don't particularly like my names nor my reputation being dragged across forums as stolen etc etc

I am sorry I cannot be more specific but I rely on my accounts for details of transactions as I am busy, have lots of domains and a bricks and mortar business to run also. You have my details though so I'm not going anywhere.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edit: Marti @ moniker is already on it - I will follow up shortly.

alexdon82

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wOC8Ya56RJQCAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

alexdon82

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3HbKH

I am sorry to hear about this issue, actually I bought domain on 1 russian forum on 15.04.2013.

That is also very suspicious that moniker waited more than 3 months before they verified a payment. (why they waited so long????)
I just open a ticket and contacted previous owner(possible thief), will give update as soon as i become an answer from moniker myself.

Here is a some names owned by possible thief, guy by who I bought hke.net:
UXZ.net, AKKE.com

email of guy I bought hke.net:

Aleksandr Andreev
Peshehonova st.9 ap.30
Naro-Fominsk
Moskovskaya Oblast
RU
Phone: +7.9267356306

AS soon as I get feedback from moniker will contact James.

alexdon82

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UXZ.com is owned by guy who sold hke.net to me, not uxz.net, sorry

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, so here is what has happened from my perspective (owner) (email quoted from moniker)

"Your original sale in April of hke.net was chargedback by the buyer. For some reason this chargeback took several weeks to come through our accounting department.
We will be returning the domain back to your account. Unfortunately when this happens any subsequent transaction involving this domain is considered to be invalid."

I am obviously pleased to have my name back, albeit now considerably "tarnished" due to an accounting error by moniker meaning it will be a name with "baggage". It was their error, but they have rectified it for me. A concern is that if the name had transferred registrars would I be so lucky? I use moniker for the apparent extra safety they offer but cannot compare with the service I would have received elsewhere, as this has not happened to me before. I can say that Marti has been an outstanding assistance and resolved this efficiently for me.

I do however, feel for James greatly, as I have lost like him before. I have emailed you James about this to see if I can help. Perhaps moniker could give you some account credit or similar in recognition of their part in this...

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. :)
Seems like it's the buyer (real buyer) that loses each time due to Moniker's inability to secure payments.
I personally lost 7 domains, same scenario.

OK, so here is what has happened from my perspective (owner) (email quoted from moniker)

"Your original sale in April of hke.net was chargedback by the buyer. For some reason this chargeback took several weeks to come through our accounting department.
We will be returning the domain back to your account. Unfortunately when this happens any subsequent transaction involving this domain is considered to be invalid."

I am obviously pleased to have my name back, albeit now considerably "tarnished" due to an accounting error by moniker meaning it will be a name with "baggage". It was their error, but they have rectified it for me. A concern is that if the name had transferred registrars would I be so lucky? I use moniker for the apparent extra safety they offer but cannot compare with the service I would have received elsewhere, as this has not happened to me before. I can say that Marti has been an outstanding assistance and resolved this efficiently for me.

I do however, feel for James greatly, as I have lost like him before. I have emailed you James about this to see if I can help. Perhaps moniker could give you some account credit or similar in recognition of their part in this...

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Find it strange that Moniker just take domains out of people's accounts without an explanation. Very concerning for a company that talks about security all the time. How could you feel "secure" with your domains there if that's how they operate?

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sweet! I lose $650! What a great F***IN* Day!

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Moniker steps up to the plate and fixes this problem.
Never buy a highly liquid domain that has been registered at Moniker unless you really have done your research.
I lost several thousand because of the same issue at Moniker.
Don't give up James, keep trying. :)

sweet! I lose $650! What a great F***IN* Day!

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just devastated mate. Obviously I am fairly new to domains and the fact its taken Moniker 5 months and god knows how many owners of this name to act when it gets to me.... I mean 5 months what a joke!

I dont know what to do :(

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, interesting, but doesn't Moniker also run a domain escrow service...? Isn't the whole point of escrow to be protected from charge backs, or don't domain sales through Monikers platforms have the same level of protection? If not why not?

Really, IMO, if Moniker failed to do due diligence on a payment I can't see how this can end up the responsibility of their customers further down the line. Very poor form again from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom