Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Holiday let-down

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While watching fireworks on July 4th this year, I was able to score a dot com name at auction for pretty cheap - $60. After leaving Thanksgiving dinner last month, my phone dings and I get a congratulations message from SEDO indicating that my domain sold for my established fixed price, which was $3K. I was pretty pumped, as this would have been my 3rd four digit sale this year. Unfortunately, now upon another Holiday, i just received this:

Based upon a review by our marketplace security team, we have felt it necessary to cancel this transaction and the related transfer/escrow services for the domain. Please be aware that marketplace integrity and security are of the highest value at Sedo.

If you have already removed the transfer lock for the domain and provided the auth code / EPP code, kindly re-lock the domain immediately and modify the auth code, if possible. Thus the domain can no longer be transferred.

The suspension of the transfer in no way affects the Purchase & Sales Agreement between the seller and the buyer. Sedo will place the transfer on hold for as long as is necessary for you to complete this transaction.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the cancellation of this transaction, please submit an inquiry through our Customer Support Center at http://support.sedo.com. Under the Ask a Question section, select the following Area and Topic:

Area: Transfers & Escrow
Topic: Security

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you understand the critical nature of our actions to ensure a safe and trusted exchange platform.

Sincerely,
Sedo Transfer & Escrow Department

The weird thing is they say that "
The suspension of the transfer in no way affects the Purchase & Sales Agreement between the seller and the buyer. Sedo will place the transfer on hold for as long as is necessary for you to complete this transaction", however,[FONT=verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] the purchase and sales agreement does not list the potential buyer so I have no way to pursue this potential transaction. I've had several other sales on this platform, with no issues, but this one is a real bummer, as I was hoping to sport some extra Christmas gifts for friends and family. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ready to move on, but thought I'd see if this is a common occurrence out there? Thanks and have a great Holiday week![/FONT]

Aqua84

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had the let down of buying a domain set at a buynow price, paying immediately in full and the domain owner backs out of the sale. Sedo cancelled the transaction. Very disappointing.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to be an uncommon occurence, either the buyer or seller backing out. The sale is never done til the money is in your account and the domain transferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom