• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Hosting Resellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
29
Has anyone got any experience of running their own hosting reseller site?

I have always fancied running my own hosting site. I know there is very little profit in it, but that doesn't put me off, it would be more of a hobby. I already have over 200 sites hosted with various other resellers, why not bring them all under one roof, and also offer a cheap hosting solution to other DNF'ers at the same time?

So my question is, have any of you tried this before? (I know at least a few of you that have). What were your experiences? What company did you setup with? How does it work, etc?

I would be very interested in talking with anyone who has run their own hosting site.
 
Last year I spent my birthday getting my clients sites back online. That pretty much sums up hosting.. And also explains why I don't have an open door policy anymore and only host select clients. You don't run into many problems with 9-5'ers but when it comes to letting just anyone signup it can cause problems for you and your clients.

Another thing to consider is if you interlink your sites it's better to have them geographicly dispersed from an SEO standpoint. But if that isn't a concern a server or VPS would be a good idea.
 
Yes i have done it several times if you want i can talk to you on msn

Cheers

Ehsan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom