Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed hostingsys.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024
H

hosting3.com

what u mean with that url?

I bet this domain is good for a hosting firm?

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hosting3.com
what u mean with that url?

I bet this domain is good for a hosting firm?

What he means is the name gets almost no results in a Google search, which is a strong indicator it's a bad name. Just putting "hosting" in a phrase, does not make it a good name for a hosting company.

H

hosting3.com

oh sorry, forget to register hosting.com and webhosting.com :D:D

Come on, it's hard to find something decent :D:D:D

oh sorry, forget to register hosting.com and webhosting.com :D:D

Come on, it's hard to find something decent :D:D:D

It is easier to lose money than to earn it.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right, it's hard to find any decent .com names now:sad:
However you may consider using .biz or .info instead, SE doesn't care what TLD you are:D

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hosting3.com

okay ... I was wrong. This is a great name ... I can't believe it wasn't registered! Must of just dropped eh? Not often you get names like this! Hold out for 5 figures!

Is that better?

When you ask for appraisals ... you get them!

:sigh:

Originally posted by yesonline
However you may consider using .biz or .info instead, SE doesn't care what TLD you are:D

However *domain buyers* (you may of heard of them) most certainly do...

also, if the se's don't care about tld that means virtually no value for domains for search engine purposes as there are hundreds of cctld's you can choose from as well as subdomains and a bunch of gtld's.

H

hosting3.com

well actually I am not interested in other tld names, except .com...

I am also not after the search engine positions, just after a good hosting corp name.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well actually I am not interested in other tld names, except .com...

I am also not after the search engine positions, just after a good hosting corp name.

Hate to sound like I'm preaching to the priest, but if you are just after a good hosting corp name, you should seriously think of a .biz.

Yes, everyone lauds the omnipresence of .com, but can you get a good name at a good price on that namespace? Sure, if you had $7m in lose change, then hosting.com could be yours. But if you have only $7.99, then .biz will reap a lot more sensible alternatives.

Originally posted by safesys

also, if the se's don't care about tld that means virtually no value for domains for search engine purposes as there are hundreds of cctld's you can choose from as well as subdomains and a bunch of gtld's.

exactly .dx is probably just as good by the sounds of things

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are interested, I am considering selling webhosts.info which should be a much better name for the search engine's, plus its not a cc domain, but a True TLD instead. Also price is much less than a .COM version of the name.

Contact me if you are interested,

woeger@usa.net

H

hosting3.com

.com is a mercedes for domains. Everyone wants to drive mercedes!:)

ps. hosting.com was something like $300,000 if I remember correctly, dunno if they sold it for that price.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.COM may be mercedes, but that does not mean a made up .COM will necessarily fly. On this I agree with the idea behind Mole's above post, and I would rather have a good root name in a lesser TLD (or even cc if the root was EXCEPTIONAL) than a lesser quality .COM version.

Example, wouldn't you rather have mp3.info or mp3.cc than mp3sys.com? I am not saying that your domain (hostingsys.com) is bad, but that in your asking for an appraisal on this forum, we must give you our honest opinions, and in my opinion the "sys" makes it of little value to a domain name reseller.

I personally have sold recently several good "root names" very fast (usually within a day of posting), even though they were not .COM names. I sold DVD.NET, BIBLE.NET, SALVATION.NET, BIBLE.FM, BIBLE.CD, PRAYER.ORG, and many .US domain names. The key is that you must both price your domains right (i.e. don't try to gouge people) and also choose domains with good "root names".

I hope this helps and I hope you find a buyer for hostingsys.com. My retail appraisal of it is between $75 and $150. I suggest an Ebay sale with a $50 reserve if you are looking to sell it.

Adam

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam - Those are obviously excellent root names. What venue have you been using to make your sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators