Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

:::: how can I find enough funds to develop my websites and projects? any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

:::: how can I find enough funds to develop my websites and projects? any suggestion?

find funds to develop new websites and projects always was/is/will be very hard, but, now, it has became even harder due to the economy crisis

well, I've several interesting websites and project to develop, like (e.g.) my
Domainers Gate directory or my NewSpaceAgency or MyLowCostPC project etc.

to find the funds to develop my projects, ideas and websites, I've sent a mail to over one hundred Venture Capital and Business Angels, but, unfortunately, less than 5% of them have visited my websites and less than 3% of them have sent me a (negative) reply

the reason is that all venture capitalist and business angels want to invest only in startups that (they believe) can give them a 100,000% profit, no matter if 95% of these startups don't survive nor if they earn huge profits only from 0.1% of them, because they are not true "investors" but only "business gamblers"

to promote my
Domainers Gate directory with a large advertising campaign, I must invest at least $10,000 or great part of the money earned by the first Domainers Gate advertisers, but, despite the incredibly low advertising prices of my directory and the big advantages to buy an ad on it, I haven't found, so far, a sponsor for my site

another way to fund my projects (especially the bigger and most expensive ones) is to try to
sell some of my domain names on aution at AfternicDLS (as you can see from the my signature's link) but, so far, no one of them has been sold

so, I seek any further idea to find enough funds to develop and promote my websites and projects

do you have any suggestions? thanks

I'm sure that your suggestions will be very usfeul also for other forum readers that seek funds to develop their websites and blogs

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which do you want to spend more of: time or money? If you can't or don't have the funds to invest in your development projects then you can invest the time it takes to learn how to put a website together. More specifically: Learn how Wordpress and Joomla works. Their add ons and plugins should be enough to head you in the right direction. Concentrate on building one or two domains letting those build up before moving on to a different project.

I can already tell you that you are not going to get investment funds because the majority of your sites are "ideas" and not working models of something an investor would be interested in. Investors want to invest in business models and not necessarily a website. If you believe your ideas are good and solid then work on building them. Leave the idea of obtaining funding behind or it becomes a source of frustration. Work on building the foundation and growing your site instead. THEN you can worry about funding IF you truly need it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which do you want to spend more of: time or money? If you can't or don't have the funds to invest in your development projects then you can invest the time it takes to learn how to put a website together. More specifically: Learn how Wordpress and Joomla works. Their add ons and plugins should be enough to head you in the right direction. Concentrate on building one or two domains letting those build up before moving on to a different project.

I can already tell you that you are not going to get investment funds because the majority of your sites are "ideas" and not working models of something an investor would be interested in. Investors want to invest in business models and not necessarily a website. If you believe your ideas are good and solid then work on building them. Leave the idea of obtaining funding behind or it becomes a source of frustration. Work on building the foundation and growing your site instead. THEN you can worry about funding IF you truly need it.
Worth a kazillion words and posts! Too many people want it all without putting any effort, money, or time into their own projects.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Investors want to invest in business models and not necessarily a website.

my Domainers Gate directory already is a true service and has a clear business model

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

people want it all without putting any effort, money, or time into their own projects

I already put nearly all my time, money and efforts in my websites and project, but they need also funds or sponsors to grow

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my Domainers Gate directory already is a true service and has a clear business model

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

I already put nearly all my time, money and efforts in my websites and project, but they need also funds or sponsors to grow

Then your next step should not be obtaining investment funds but rather looking at how you can improve & advertise the site in order to motivate people to buy and use the site.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainer's Gate has 1 ad. You have not done all you could do. You cannot throw money at a poorly executed idea to make it a success. It's still a bad idea except it's -$10,000 later. This is the way an investor is going to look at your project.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure. That should be evident. But what value are you offering in return? An image on a site that attracts users how exactly? Figure that out and you won't need investment funds.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People could go on and on with where you are making errors in your thought processes, but you are not going to listen - that is part of the reason you are not being successful in your ventures. You are wasting too much time chasing pipe dreams, instead of modifying your ideas based upon the advice you are given. A few points:

1. Your domains for sale will never sell for anything. They were worthless regs, and you could save some cash by dropping them.
2. Look at your domainer's gate site from a customer's perspective. Why would I give you money to advertise on a site that you would have to purchase traffic for? Why wouldn't I just purchase the traffic myself? You have zero unique content on that site - it adds nothing to the web or the world.
3. People that have lots of money to invest want to invest it in people with a proven track record of success(even small ones). What does your resume look like? Do you have the science education/experience to back up your space ideas?

To get interest in your projects, you have to be bringing something unique and valuable to the table - you aren't. To sell products or services like advertising, you have to be giving the customer something he values more than the money he gives you - you aren't.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But what value are you offering in return?

the advertisers should have the advantage to increase their sites' visits, since I want to use part of the money earned to promote the directory everywhere

the investors can have a good profit on the money given

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

1. Your domains for sale will never sell for anything. They were worthless regs, and you could save some cash by dropping them.

maybe, but, if I want to fund also my bigger projects, I need to sell them at a good price

2. Why would I give you money to advertise on a site that you would have to purchase traffic for?

because great part of the smaller blogger can't invest thousands dollars per month to advertise on dozens sites

You have zero unique content on that site

because it's only a directory

3. People that have lots of money to invest want to invest it in people with a proven track record of success(even small ones). What does your resume look like? Do you have the science education/experience to back up your space ideas?

no, because I don't want to be a "space program engineer" (there are thousands excellent engineers to hire) but a "space program architect" ... in other words, I want to be for my space company what Steve Jobs is for Apple... not a programmer nor an engineer but the "products' architect"

To get interest in your projects, you have to be bringing something unique and valuable to the table

well, I've revealed several good ideas in my space blogs, but, of course, I can't reveal everything

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

one of the ways that I haven't followed so far, is to seek "industrial investors" rather than VCs or BAs (that want only HUGE profits, or NOTHING, from their ventures) that want to earn only a reasonable profit, around 20-30% on the money invested

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People could go on and on with where you are making errors in your thought processes, but you are not going to listen - that is part of the reason you are not being successful in your ventures. You are wasting too much time chasing pipe dreams, instead of modifying your ideas based upon the advice you are given. A few points:

2. Look at your domainer's gate site from a customer's perspective. Why would I give you money to advertise on a site that you would have to purchase traffic for? Why wouldn't I just purchase the traffic myself? You have zero unique content on that site - it adds nothing to the web or the world.

To get interest in your projects, you have to be bringing something unique and valuable to the table - you aren't. To sell products or services like advertising, you have to be giving the customer something he values more than the money he gives you - you aren't.
Good post and rationale. It is called "instant gratification". It's not going to happen.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good post and rationale. It is called "instant gratification". It's not going to happen.

I think that a good investor should not be a "philosopher" but must only ask to himself if an investment may give him good profits, or not

after all, today, banks give a few % of interest on deposits, while, if they invest on the stock exchange, they have good chances to lose million$

so, an "industrial/commercial/services investment" with a 20-30% profit within a year or so, is a GREAT opportunity today!

Last edited:

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that a good investor should not be a "philosopher" but must only ask to himself if an investment may give him good profits, or not

after all, today, banks give a few % of interest on deposits, while, if they invest on the stock exchange, they have good chances to lose million$

so, an "industrial/commercial/services investment" with a 20-30% profit within a year or so, is a GREAT opportunity today!

You really don't get it - NOBODY is going to invest in you or your ideas. One short conversation with you will reveal that you are not a rational person that they can do business with. The slimmer the return, the more due diligence is required by an investor. Thes so-called industrial investors require things like a business plan, and collateral like inventory, receivables, etc.

Again, you aren't listening to anybody here - why bother aksing for advice? You don't even realize that many of the people trying to help you are over 15 and have experience in the real business world. I work with ROI projects every day - never going to suggest my company put a dime in something with zero plan, zero potential, zero math behind it. Grow up.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

why not? some people like to take a few risks to earn a good profit

about the "business plan"... my Domainers Gate directory doesn't have one yet but has a clear business model (as explained in
my DG thread here)

Betting on a longshot horse is one thing - betting on a horse that isn't even on the card is another. "Clear" and "viable" are two different things. Your business plan is not viable and guarantees a 100% loss for any investor and at least a 50% loss for any advertiser. But don't believe me, believe the 1000's of non-customers and non-investors who are not sending you their money :)

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
non-customers and non-investors who are not sending you their money

right now... but you can be sure, that, once I will find just a few dozens advertisers and that I will widely promote my directory, the number of new advertisers will grow very quickly also without offer them today's 3x1 discount!

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When it's earning enough revenue then you can approach investors.

when I will earn "enough revenue" from one of my websites or projects, I will NO LONGER need to "approach investors" because I will fund my projects with my own money and ALL the VC, BA, companies, investors, etc. that have not invested on my ideas, will lose this opportunity FOREVER :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators