• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers How can I hide this url ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 7
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
58
I'm affiliated to the Italian adult site listed below and I'm looking for a good way to hide the original url from the address bar, any idea would be highly appreciated:
http://sessogratis.net/videofree.asp?id=12748

I tried with all kinds of frames and url forwarding but nothing to do, the visitor should not see the original url in the address bar, this would be my real purpose.

Thanks for helping.
 
Did you try godaddy's URL masking?
 
No, I don't know this service but I'll take a look at it in few minutes, thanks.
 
You will probably have to transfer it over to them but it will solve your problem.
 
DomainEmpire.com said:
I tried with all kinds of frames ...
If you have really tried ALL kinds of frames, then they must be using some kind of Javascript to "break out" of the frames.
 
Yes, sure they're ... any possible solution ? I don't know, another script which can block theirs ...
 
I guess I didn't understand the question, so I'm editing my reply.

You can do free framed redirects from the nameservers at mydomain.com - you don't even have to transfer the name there to use their nameservers and their framed "cloaking."
 
I'm doing it with proredirect at the moment (same thing as mydomain) ... I don't know what sort of script they're using, I know only the original url appears in the address bar in seconds :(
Never seen something similar before ...
 
They have some simple break-out code:

Code:
if (parent.frames.length!=0) 
parent.location.href=location.href

Not sure if you can prevent this.. Unless you can set parent.frames.length = 0 in your frameset ?? Doubt it..

Now I think about it.. using a double frameset will probably do it !
 
Just tried yesterday with a double frameset but it didn't work :(
 
have you tried a mod_rewrite in .htaccess?

tutorial = http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/sitemanagement/urlrewriting.html

I also know there was a bug/exploit in IE that allowed you to add %01 in the URL before the address that you wanted hidden, but I think recent patches have closed this potential loophole. Being able to hide the address bar is something Microsoft simply doesn't want you to - based on copyrights and potential bandwidth theft (framejacking).

It's not uncommon for adult sites to have "break out of frames" scripts since ill-mannered TGPs/MGPs like to frame other sites and pass that content off as their own (keeping their own top frame sponsors).

On second thought, I'm not sure the mod_rewrite approach will work since you're dealing with an outside site.
 
Moreover, since it's an affiliate program, framing the destination *might* be in violation of their TOS.
 
Ok, I'll look for another company of whom becoming an affiliate because I don't want to violate/infringe their rights in any way and, at the same time, I hate advertising directly their url and, so doing, losing customers.

I'll look for someone else where I can simply forward my domains without their url appears in the address bar.

Thanks anyone for trying to help me.
 
use a frame with the top being 1px long.

Human eyes won't be able to tell the difference
 
Maybe with php you can.
I thought it was implode but after some brief research, it might be called something else.
Let me look into it some more...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom