Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How do Expired GoDaddy Auctions exactly work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-

Last edited:

Go Daddy

GoDaddy.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's still possible that the original registrant of the name can redeem the name up to the 42nd day (expiration date + 42 days).

If you look in your Auctions won section... it will say "yours on" and a date will appear. If the original registrant has not redeemed before that date, the name is yours.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.

Go Daddy

Charybdis

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, please help me!

I bought an expired domain today, and it says "yours on 27th February".

My questions:
1) When must I pay for this domain (winning bid + 1 year renewal fee)?
2) What happens if I paid the fee, but the owner renews the domain by 27th February? Will I get my money back?
3) How can I order private whois registration for my won expired domain?

Thanks!

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1.) Yes. Winning Bid + Renewal.
2.) Yes. You will get a refund if the other party renews it.
3.) You can add private registration after the domain is in your account.

Brad

anywanted

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. + you must pay within 3 days after domain win. If you don't pay within 2 days, they send reminder via email. If you don't pay within 3 days, domain won't be yours, it will disappear from won domains list, and your auction account might be suspended.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You got 24 hours to pay if it's an expired domain. If it's an private domain then you got 5 days.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whenever you buy a name on Go Daddy you only have 48 hrs to pay for the name, that's 48 hrs exactly from the time the auction ended, time of purchase (BIN, closeout) or time your offer was accepted. If you don't pay GD may charge your cc automatically but other times it may not, and they will lock your acct until you pay, or they may ban you as punishment. This is irrespective of the type of sale (BIN, O/C-O, auction, closeout) After you pay GD normally holds funds 5 days and only after can the transfer of the name from the seller to the buyer occur, and yes, like the Go Daddy rep said right here, the domain will be yours exactly 42 days after its exp date

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy tells you when the domain will be in your account. You can find the info under: Auctions > Bidding List > Won - Check under the status. It'll be something like this "Expired domain ready on : 12/13/2012".

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
silentg, bmugford, etc are right as to where to see this info. And it always takes 7 days from the date the auction ended, ie if the auction ends on July 15 it will be in the winner's account on July 22 and I've never seen any exceptions, it never takes less and it never takes more. Those last 7 days are the last chance the domain owner (the registrant who allowed it to expire) has left to redeem the name with an $80 penalty, I think. Although towards the end of the redeeming period GD calls it "Registry Redemption" and I was once told the penalty is greater, and like Go Daddy said on this thread, it is 42 days, period. You'll see other threads telling you otherwise, ignore all of them

As to the deadline for the buyer to pay for won names I've found it is still 48 hrs after auction's end time and you normally don't lose it if you simply won't pay or you just forget to pay, GD will charge your default cc. If the charge doesn't go thru then you might lose the domain, although I've found that GD locks you out of your account until you actually do pay. And the 48-hour deadline is the same whether it's an expired name or the owner put it up for sale. The seller (when it's not an expired name auction) is the one who must wait up to 5 days for the buyer's payment to clear, then he'll get an email the proceeds are coming

GoDaddy tells you when the domain will be in your account. You can find the info under: Auctions > Bidding List > Won - Check under the status. It'll be something like this "Expired domain ready on : 12/13/2012".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom