Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed How do you appraise a non-statistic domain?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how you guys go about appraising a domain that doesn't truely have an actual existence on the web (no website). I know some of you go to overture and do keyword searches, but what are some other methods. Basically, If i have a few choices or registering domains that are strictly just names, where can i try to appraise them myself to see if they are even worth it.

Also, are there worthless 4 letter domains, or are we at a time in this internet where any 4 letter domain is worth something?

thanks
bryan

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do a search of the forum and you will get your answer.

The statement below tells me you haven't bothered to take the time to read through all of the valuable information already posted in the forum

"Also, are there worthless 4 letter domains, or are we at a time in this internet where any 4 letter domain is worth something?"

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by jag5311
Just wondering how you guys go about appraising a domain that doesn't truely have an actual existence on the web (no website). I know some of you go to overture and do keyword searches, but what are some other methods. Basically, If i have a few choices or registering domains that are strictly just names, where can i try to appraise them myself to see if they are even worth it.

Also, are there worthless 4 letter domains, or are we at a time in this internet where any 4 letter domain is worth something?

thanks
bryan

Here are some **general** guidelines:

1) .coms are most valuable, then .net, then .org.
2) The shorter the better.
3) Nouns are better than verbs and adjectives. Singular is usully more wanted than plural (but not always). You should stay away from funky verb tenses. Present is KO, past - shaky. (e.g.: Sell.com = good. sold.com - ko. selling, sells, sellings, etc - worse).
4) Hyphens are a no-no.
5) Random characters are usually not good, (unless a 2 or 3 charactername) unless they actually mean something. e.g. asap.com - GOOD euxy.com - bad

Addressing your 4 letter domain question - I think worthless is more the norm, unless it is obviously significant. There are thousands of 4 letter names that can be registered right now.

Remember, these are guidelines to which there are always exceptions. I always keep these rules of thumbhandy when thinking about registering a name.

Good Luck!

-bob

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From experience it takes 6 months of looking at domain sales sites, registering many worthless and utterly useless names, looking at forums like this one, reading every news article you can find about domains, basically getting a good feel for what it's all about and you develop some sort of an instinct for what names are good and worth registering. You have to think "how can I make money from this name". You have to start being very selective in what you register.
It's easy to get carried away thinking every name you get is great - it's when you realise that it's not great that you've cracked it. This is a business like any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom