• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

how do you keep track of your domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewd

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
251
Reaction score
0
was wondering how all of you keep track of your domains?


do you keep a list in excell, a access database? or do you use a script ?

i have been keeping mine in a excell database and its getting too big/messy


was wondering what all of you use to keep track of all your domains.
 
The simplest method is to consolidate all your domains to one registrar.

Before I did this I used an application called "Watch My Domains Pro". WMDP isn't free but it's well worth cost if you have a large portfolio.

You can buy it here... http://www.domainpunch.com/products/wmdpro/

- Rob
 
Leading Names said:
The simplest method is to consolidate all your domains to one registrar.

Before I did this I used an application called "Watch My Domains Pro". WMDP isn't free but it's well worth cost if you have a large portfolio.

You can buy it here... http://www.domainpunch.com/products/wmdpro/

- Rob

awesome, thanks for letting me know, i am going to look into this :)
 
Consolidating at one or two registrars seems the easiest for me. I've tried other approaches and I always fall behind entering data.
 
Joe,
Give 'em to me
I will look after 'em for you
Only a small monthly charge
Compliments of the season
Regards
Joe
 
I use an Excel spreadsheet, with the obvious info like expiry, registrar etc, but also what I paid for it, sale price, revenue data etc. I also cut and paste my domain list into WMD every couple of months to make sure I'm not losing any domains.. :-)
 
Yes, I use an excel spreadsheet as well, and have multiple registrars.
 
I let them expire then flip out a few weeks later. Don't get me started on some of the 'registrars' around here and how they 'handle' expired domains.
 
I use Excel, because it allows to include as many information as I want. For instance, what I paid for the domain, how much revenue the domain generates, what sales price I am looking for, etc.
 
i use excel sheet as well. because i can categorise them in various sheet in one excel file.

i also try to consolidate them into 1-2 registrar.
 
I created a database in the newest Filemaker Pro. From there you can export to excel, csv, txt, whatever. You can also create a button that when clicked on, launches the domain in your browser. I found it better than using excel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom