Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How do you see the role of .COM now with the unfolding mobile internet revolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons why Dot Mobi can be paced, carefully and timely, by the BIG Guys (Dot Mobi Business Consortium of Power).. I think is because of the lack of competition..

On their pace, the Dot Mobi CEO says

".. not enough content to spur rapid adoption"

-http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3630084753740478187&q=dotmobi&hl=en

-------

Is the world role of .com increasing or decreasing as this mobile internet revolution unfolds?

To be honest, the role mobile of dot com seems to be rather confusing/confused at the moment..

Not just the countless hard-to-remember, hard-to-advertise URLS;

But, the mobile device detect and redirect on the .com movement seems to be stagnated..

A .COM developer doesn't know whether to keep the full site preserved for advanced PDA access (with scrollbars) or do a mobile device detect and mobile site version redirect on the .com for the lower PDA's.. it seems like there is a split here.. an abyss like division..

Or am I missing something?

-------

The DotMobi "from the ground up" approach of the device detect and appropriate redirect on the .mobi is on another level; if, you take a closer look, Do the Math! - my quadratic equation ;)

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Asperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.Mobi may very well increase webmasters & surfers awareness of the mobile internets existance,regardless of .Mobi's success or failure.Whatsmore, suplying mobile content is'nt a prerequisite confined to .Mobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators