Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How do you think about Invest.mobi's finial price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$10,000. Will bet $50 on it if the bet is accepted before any change in price.

Iggy

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I will bet you never see the money from the "bid".

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla, I accept your bet!

We're on. I expect to win but am prepared to lose. Payable by paypal?

I will bet you never see the money from the "bid".

I do need to require that a domain actually change hands at some number greater than $10K.

yoyosean

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is quote "bid" do you doubt that somebody would pay $10k for invest.mobi? What world do you live in you may think the ext. is whack but the ext. has been selling and you cannot deny reality my friend, sorry.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree to your terms. PayPal is just fine.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What world do you live in you may think the ext. is whack but the ext. has been selling and you cannot deny reality my friend, sorry.

I live in a world where $10,000 is a fair amount to spend on a speculative extension. I've put my money where my mouth is, so has Bob. It's not intended as an insult and didn't come with any insulting comments. What more shall I say?

Iggy

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what is quote "bid" do you doubt that somebody would pay $10k for invest.mobi? What world do you live in you may think the ext. is whack but the ext. has been selling and you cannot deny reality my friend, sorry.

It seems stupid to me that if you actually had a bid for 10k on a name that cost you $20 just a few months ago that you would risk it by drawing attention to it in this way. What if the "buyer" saw a thread where people were suggesting that the name was worth 50 cents. Maybe he would bail out of the transaction.

Sedo seems to be pretty flexible about these "bidders" who don't come through with payment.

Maybe you got lucky, but I bet you don't get the money.

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems stupid to me that if you actually had a bid for 10k on a name that cost you $20 just a few months ago that you would risk it by drawing attention to it in this way. What if the "buyer" saw a thread where people were suggesting that the name was worth 50 cents. Maybe he would bail out of the transaction.

Sedo seems to be pretty flexible about these "bidders" who don't come through with payment.

Maybe you got lucky, but I bet you don't get the money.

Though landrush domains did go for reg fee regardless of how many people were trying for them, you do realise that due to competition many domains reged for $60(landrush fee) a short time ago are worth much much more now.

I don't mean any offense - but its incredibly naive to suggest that the landrush reg fee has anything to do with the price of this domain now.

bryanwang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys.

Some negative comments don't make sense ;)

Everyone could know its value.

Thanks.

Iggy

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Though landrush domains did go for reg fee regardless of how many people were trying for them, you do realise that due to competition many domains reged for $60(landrush fee) a short time ago are worth much much more now.

I don't mean any offense - but its incredibly naive to suggest that the landrush reg fee has anything to do with the price of this domain now.

I realize a lot of things. I also realize that companies with no earnings were worth as much as General Motors in the late 90's. There are many examples of crap product that have had buying frenzies in the past. In Holland they had Tulips. We've had pet rocks, beanie babies, elmo dolls, and many others.

The dust always settles, so if you are the last one out make sure you turn off the lights.

It's really not a big deal. It's a useless and crappy extention that has attracted a bunch of novices who are cluttering up the message boards with their crap. It's time to flush the toilet. Some experienced domainers have even gotten into the game, but they are smarter than most....they understand that there is money to be made trading crap...for a while.

Go wander around in the street somewhere and ask people if they have ever heard of dotmobi. When you find someone who has then get back to me.

If there weren't domain message boards would you know that this extention exists? Answer is no. Good luck to Pinky's Army.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is it's value?

I think the point was that in general, it's probably wisest not to put a domain up for discussion when it is "in play" (at Sedo Auction). Sometimes the comments can actually hurt the selling price of the domain. We've seen that happen before where someone started talking about a deal while it was going on and the discussion here killed the deal. If it's not in exclusive section, these threads can be pulled up by searching the domain name on google.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go wander around in the street somewhere and ask people if they have ever heard of dotmobi. When you find someone who has then get back to me.

you keep saying this ... you obviously have no speculative foresight. you probably thought a cordless phone was a stupid invention, and who the hell is ever going to use a computer on their lap and why would anyone want a mobile phone - they already have a phone at home and they are just so damn big to carry around!

well things change and if you can't see that, so be it, but stop posting here if you are so against it! you aren't going to change anyone's mind and you just sound silly!

Iggy

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you keep saying this ... you obviously have no speculative foresight. you probably thought a cordless phone was a stupid invention, and who the hell is ever going to use a computer on their lap and why would anyone want a mobile phone - they already have a phone at home and they are just so damn big to carry around!

well things change and if you can't see that, so be it, but stop posting here if you are so against it! you aren't going to change anyone's mind and you just sound silly!

I am glad many people invest in useless extentions. Go to the mall on Saturday and ask 1,000 people if they have heard of dotmobi. If you get one person to say "yes" then I will quit posting. If you feel that you can overcome those odds then go ahead and put your lifesavings in it.

bryanwang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please...

Yes, I posted 'feel free to comment'.

But please do not make this thread to be a battlefield between mobi hater and mobi lover...

Time will tell.

Good luck everyone with domaining.

Thanks.

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The opportunity to buy invest.mobi will most likely not come around again for a long time. Good luck to seller and buyer!

scandiman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Invest - OVT of 237,529 plus high cost per click. I don't care what you think about .mobi, this is name is a big deal.

If someone walks away with Invest.mobi for $10,000 they scored a serious bargain. Reasonable to expect 3-5X that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener