Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How dumb is this?

Pandemic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the GoDaddy auction, the bid for 1128.com is up to 99k lol. I thought the NNNN craze went down a few years ago. Other than the resale value with the crazy folks with those, in a normal world, I wouldn't even register it. Pure insanity. I understand that crazy China likes those names, but give a break. Like I said, in a normal world, who in the hell could even use that name?

Domain summit 2024

lukkykatt

Level 8
Reaction score
On the GoDaddy auction, the bid for 1128.com is up to 99k lol. I thought the NNNN craze went down a few years ago. Other than the resale value with the crazy folks with those, in a normal world, I wouldn't even register it. Pure insanity. I understand that crazy China likes those names, but give a break. Like I said, in a normal world, who in the hell could even use that name?
Me neither, i couldn't agree more,even though i am Chinese myself. i don't like numbers as some of my crazy fellow men do. They have no meaning, they have no direct relations to your brand, your company.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yikes!....Crazy times indeed Pandemic.

KingHoldings

King
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Me neither, i couldn't agree more,even though i am Chinese myself. i don't like numbers as some of my crazy fellow men do. They have no meaning, they have no direct relations to your brand, your company.
Numbers are a lot more meaningful than you think.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Value is in the wallet and need of the beholder.
This won’t be the first or last time that I don’t see the same valuation as a buyer.
And it doesn’t make me right and them wrong...or vice versa.
..and doesn't really matter as they obviously see a need and value and are prepared to pay for it....good for them if they are getting what they want.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Naturally this bid is connected to the leap year 1128 which we all remember fondly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1128

When that is said.. Lets see it paid before we get up in arms. All it takes is 5$ for a new auctions membership to run away from a winning bid at Godaddy.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators