Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

how good are the Hyphenated names ?

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
Came across that many doesn't prefer hyphenated names ,are they no longer preferred ? for example if there is a domain name " buy-clothes.com" even direct names like these if they have hyphens are not preferred ? Anybody can give insight regarding this please?

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes the age of hyphenated names are long gone. They can still be used for made for adsense sites where SEO is most important. But almost no one brands themselves on a hyphenated domain name.

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
Yes the age of hyphenated names are long gone. They can still be used for made for adsense sites where SEO is most important. But almost no one brands themselves on a hyphenated domain name.
Even if the domains are 15+ years old ? i saw a domain name which has a direct meaning but has got hyphens in them . as the example i have stated above . So its not worth investing even if the domain names are old ?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can't be used for a brand, so even if you build a site around it, it will not be worth as much for say a big brand that wants it for a major advertising campaign. You could still make a site on it and seo it and drive traffic to it yourself, but a brand will not spend xxxx for it.

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
They can't be used for a brand, so even if you build a site around it, it will not be worth as much for say a big brand that wants it for a major advertising campaign. You could still make a site on it and seo it and drive traffic to it yourself, but a brand will not spend xxxx for it.
ahh ! Thank you .

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have sold some hyphens in the past

last one being, braided-rugs.com in 4 figure range

it depends on the keywords and how likely they are to get type-in traffic

imo...

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

I have sold some hyphens in the past

last one being, braided-rugs.com in 4 figure range

it depends on the keywords and how likely they are to get type-in traffic

imo...
yes i was talking about hyphenated names with direct meaning , like buy-clothes , buy-shoes etc .

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
like buy-clothes , buy-shoes etc .

I would say those wouldn't have any value

nobody searches for 'buy clothes', they search for the type of clothing they want to buy or wear or give as a gift, etc.
like black-dresses, t-shirts,etc

imo...

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
I would say those wouldn't have any value

nobody searches for 'buy clothes', they search for the type of clothing they want to buy or wear or give as a gift, etc.
like black-dresses, t-shirts,etc

imo...
No i was just giving examples , buy-cars , buy-tickets were the ones i had on mind actually .

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators