Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How hard is it for a web site to make $500 a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is a bit of an odd question.

Do you consider $500 a month to be a lot of money for a web site to make?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is a goal of yours to make $500 a month from a website or if you are already making $500 and wanted to know if this was a lot??

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is a goal of yours to make $500 a month from a website or if you are already making $500 and wanted to know if this was a lot??

You're such a philosopher :D

To build a website from scratch to $500/mo rev is very hard. Regardless of the niche.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Hi,

I don't have a site making $500 a month yet. But I it's a goal of mine. I'm in the planning phase. It's part of a larger monetary strategy of mine.

My question should be rephrased: Are there any member here who have been consistently made $500 a month through one of their sites? If so, do you mind sharing how long it took for you to make that money?

Thanks

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Build it and they will come.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

To build a website from scratch to $500/mo rev is very hard. Regardless of the niche.

Thank you for the input. Do you think it would take a few years for a brand new site to reach $500 a month?

paidvisit.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Untrue I can start a website today and in 3 weeks be making 500 bucks a month from it month after month no spam/fraud etc

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Hi,

I don't have a site making $500 a month yet. But I it's a goal of mine. I'm in the planning phase. It's part of a larger monetary strategy of mine.

My question should be rephrased: Are there any member here who have been consistently made $500 a month through one of their sites? If so, do you mind sharing how long it took for you to make that money?

Thanks

3 weeks to a month to start making that much if you know the legal tricks

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Untrue I can start a website today and in 3 weeks be making 500 bucks a month from it month after month no spam/fraud etc

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

What are you doing here wasting your time answering this thread instead of pumping out websites 24/7?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The reason I asked was because if to make $500 a month is your end goal, how do you figure you would get there? Johnn was right. You will need a plan. The other part of your question really can't be compared to others as all business plans are unique. First, come up with a plan & strategy with XXX amount of monthly earning as the side goal because that will come naturally with a carefully executed plan.

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well i have made a goal to get my drop ship site to start paying me my monthly salary. I have been going at it for the last 4 months and i am currently at around $500 per month. The problem is that i run another 20 other sites and also have domains to move :) But my goal is getting there slowly but surely as i dont need the money right now..

So my point is, dont plan to long, just start it and work at it and you will get there. If you will just read forums and plan then you wont get there.. As simple as that.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, making $500 from scratch is not easy, especially if you've never done it before. It really depends upon the idea, time, effort, and quality of planning.
Here are some important questions to ask yourself:
1. How will the visitors get to my web-site?
2. Why will they return?
3. How will I make profit from my site?
4. Assuming PPC. What revenue will I be making per click, and how often will visitors click?
5. How will I monitor my site?
6. What are the costs, and time involved in maintaining the site?
7. Am I actually motivated enough to keep at this long term?

Hope this helps!

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I used to have several sites with strong keywords. They were at the top of Google for a few years for those words. But, suddenly, they disappeared from Google.
It took several years to rehabilitate them. But revenue ain't the same anymore.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spending 1K on advertising to get regular returning vistors is fine, even if you don't make all that money back in the first month.
Good sites will make money regardless of the search engines or adsense, although they definitely help
It seems like most of the mebers here are more domainers then web-site developers.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Really? Any details or examples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom