• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How Kewl would it be, to own your own poker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERCollins

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
3
Just curious, how cool it would be to own your own poker room like,
Party Poker, Pokerroom, or Bo Dog.

I have been researching this, and found networks to join that supplies everything.

It is a bit expensive, but I am thinking about diving head first.

Tell me what you think. Is it still good time to get into the market?
 
Id love to own my own poker site. I Love Poker!
 
May i know how much it is to start your own poker room?
 
To join a decent network, where you will always have players.

Startup cost is under $30,000 (not much but it is under that)

I had to sign non disclousers to get pricing so I can not mention publicly the network.

That includes, Software. Access to network, Hosting, Gaming License, (in the country the network is from) Hosting is also in that country.

They do everything in rake percentages, at this price the network takes 30% of the gross rake. only $150 in monthly fees after initial invest ment.

They give you the option of providing your own support, or they will do the support for another fee and 10% more of gross rake.

I concluded I could startup for under $30k
$150 in month fees.

This fee included them designing the website, ( I am wait to hear if i have the option of designing my own site)
 
I've seen a place a lot cheaper than that but the percentage of income kept is a lot less...although it might be a better start than risking all of that money. Depends what you want - high risk, high return or medium risk, medium return...
 
kewl....who says "kewl"?

I probably wouldn't start up something like that...but it's obviously up to you how you spend your money
 
GT Web said:
kewl....who says "kewl"?

37% Of the internet :undecided

I didn't know it would cost around $30,000 , give or take a little to start one.. Not to mention the costs of promoting and branding it.
 
I have worked with companies that provide the games for the BIG sites, i.e. PartyPoker, etc. $30,000 won't get you anything near the quality of those.

Look for a seven figure price tag if you want to compete with those sites. :-)
 
Actually the 30k, is for the network, that runs nine.com tigergaming.com

The bicycle casino, youwager.com actionpoker.com over 15k players on the network at all times.

So it is not a small network.


Also for the people that has been sending me list of domains by pm for sale from this thread, this is a discussion thread, and I am not asking for your solicitation.

There is probaly only couple of people on this site with more poker domains than me, So i already have the names I would use.

Thanks
 
Definitely if successful will provide great return. 30,000$ is not that much - I thought it would be more.
 
DotComGod said:
I started pz.com to do the very same thing.

-=DCG=-

Looks really nice, I cant see who owns pokerzone.com, you by any chance?

It dont resolve and no whois as far as I can see.
 
MrDude said:
Looks really nice, I cant see who owns pokerzone.com, you by any chance?

It dont resolve and no whois as far as I can see.

Domain Name: POKERZONE.COM
Registrar: DOMAINPEOPLE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.domainpeople.com
Referral URL: http://www.domainpeople.com
Name Server: NOMBRE.INFOTECHSYS.COM
Name Server: NS.INFOTECHSYS.COM
Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
Updated Date: 05-aug-2005
Creation Date: 30-oct-1997
Expiration Date: 29-oct-2007

Registrant:
Information Technology Systems, Inc.

Registrar: DomainPeople Inc.

Domain Name: pokerzone.com
 
ah page wouldnt load properly, I was on a public PC
 
It would be much more expensive, to do so would actually be setting up a business. You'd have to take care of so much legal, so you'd need lawyers. You'd need to take care of money bouncing from country to country, so you'd need accountants. You'd need to drive traffic and build up your brand, so you'd need marketers (and marketing budget). Also, protect your business from cheaters, hackers, attacks, etc.

At least, thats how I see it. You're basically starting a casino, not the same as another website development.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom