Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion How long before Epik is bought out?

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Picture0309.png

Epik is making an epic climb to success.

With everything that is going on at Epik I predict it will not be long before a suiter comes knocking at the door to purchase the entire company.

That makes me think about who a possible candidate for Epik would be. I think once negotiations start GoDaddy will have no choice but to move in for the kill. As much as there is rivalry between GoDaddy and Epik one can clearly see that the technology aspect of some of the Epik companies are unrivaled in the Industry. GoDaddy can stand by and watch another company bid on Epik but in the end they will have to swoop in and grab the platform to maintain their industry leadership.

This is all speculation on my part but I have some inside information, that I cannot share publicly, which leads me to believe that there will be an epik deal in the future and in MY OPINION that is only a question of time.

I personally predict this will happen within two years if not sooner.
It will be interesting to come back to this topic when the announcement is made.

Picture0311.png

MY OPINIONS IN THIS ARTICLE ARE 100% TRUE ;)

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks @MapleDots.

There are no discussions or plans for Epik to be anything other than independent. We are capitalized accordingly and being careful to be wise stewards and assembling remarkable people to keep us on track as we scale!

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HeHe

Time will tell Rob, when a bigger company comes swooping in with a large amount of cash people usually look at their age and retirement becomes an option.

Epik is so in your face it cannot be ignored by the big players forever and when you attract enough attention the offers will come.

I will refer back to this post on that day....

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeHe

Time will tell Rob, when a bigger company comes swooping in with a large amount of cash people usually look at their age and retirement becomes an option.

Epik is so in your face it cannot be ignored by the big players forever and when you attract enough attention the offers will come.

I will refer back to this post on that day....

We shall see -- some things are a calling. If there is clarity that this is no longer the calling, I think I will know.

In the meantime, we keep chipping away with ownership and governance very much in hand, entirely by God's grace.

Related commentary on finding one's calling:

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally love how quickly Epik has taken over the scene and made such huge waves. Hopefully stays independent long-term and becomes even bigger than the "big players" who might want to buy them out. Love the domain/brand name. #epik

"I like your style" Rob! ;)

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally love how quickly Epik has taken over the scene and made such huge waves. Hopefully stays independent long-term and becomes even bigger than the "big players" who might want to buy them out. Love the domain/brand name. #epik

"I like your style" Rob! ;)
100%

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

We have some stuff cooking - 10 acquisitions were done over the last 3 years and most were not announced.

All in due time. The ducks are being put in a row.

DNF will be a good place to drop some occasional "inside baseball".

aleksey.k

Snake Charmer (Python3, DevOps)
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One of the biggest Epik's aspects is being anti-big tech, anti-big government, and anti-censorship (these three things are synonymous for at least the last 5-6 years). If Epik is to be bought by someone big (Godaddy or someone bigger) Epik will become yet another soul-less globohomo's free-speech suppressor. Knowing that Mr. Monster pushes very hard against the modern degenerate neo-commie agenda I find it very difficult to believe that he will ever sell out Epik.

P.S. In before "take your meds, schizo, this is DNF, not Reichstag": governments all around the world are trying to suppress & regulate the Internet ever since the early 2000s and it has become increasingly obvious ever since Obama - Trump transition. Nowadays (((they)))'re pushing it even harder -- just look into WEF's agenda

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the biggest Epik's aspects is being anti-big tech, anti-big government, and anti-censorship (these three things are synonymous for at least the last 5-6 years). If Epik is to be bought by someone big (Godaddy or someone bigger) Epik will become yet another soul-less globohomo's free-speech suppressor. Knowing that Mr. Monster pushes very hard against the modern degenerate neo-commie agenda I find it very difficult to believe that he will ever sell out Epik.

P.S. In before "take your meds, schizo, this is DNF, not Reichstag": governments all around the world are trying to suppress & regulate the Internet ever since the early 2000s and it has become increasingly obvious ever since Obama - Trump transition. Nowadays (((they)))'re pushing it even harder -- just look into WEF's agenda

At the end of the day, the adversary some may fear is still controlled opposition. The handlers have handlers. The universe seems chaotic at times, but it is operating with the precision of a Swiss watch.

The journey we call "life" is ultimately a soul gym where we get to gauge exactly where we are relative to our highest self. The curve balls and setbacks are tests. And so are the blessings and riches.

As for who is "degenerate", this ignores the divinity that exists in everyone. There really is a highest self which awaits discovery in everyone. After all, if Saul of Tarsus can become the Paul the apostle, who are we to judge?

Today's depraved and woke "globohomo" to use your term can become tomorrow's highly intelligent champion of liberty. I am not saying it will be common but I know practicing warlocks and witches who eventually found truth.

As for the issue of free speech, I believe Epik has been allowed to thread this needle because (1) we turn away that which does not edify, and (2) we expend tremendous energy ministering to misguided people.

As for Big-Tech and Draconian government, it is my considered opinion that nations get the governors they deserve. When the people remember to responsibly self-govern, their governors are more benign.

Love conquers all.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As for who is "degenerate", this ignores the divinity that exists in everyone. There really is a highest self which awaits discovery in everyone. After all, if Saul of Tarsus can become the Paul the apostle, who are we to judge?
Saul of Tarsus was a persecutor and murderer until he was saved. Then he became Paul; a new man.

Better to be honest and call degenerate behavior what it is imo.

Love conquers all.

Amen.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Saul of Tarsus was a persecutor and murderer until he was saved. Then he became Paul; a new man.

Better to be honest and call degenerate behavior what it is imo.

Amen.

Sure, keep degenerates who can't self-govern far from your family and loved ones. At a macro level, this is also why nations get tyrants and dictators -- too many people failed to self-govern when they were tested. #truth

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, keep degenerates who can't self-govern far from your family and loved ones. At a macro level, this is also why nations get tyrants and dictators -- too many people failed to self-govern when they were tested. #truth

Political correctness is just lying. Calling out bad behavior isn't hateful imo. Love the person, hate the sin.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Political correctness is just lying. Calling out bad behavior isn't hateful imo. Love the person, hate the sin.

"Open rebuke is better than secret love." - Proverbs 27:5

The condition is that one has to be darned sure before calling out malfeasance in public.

My general approach these days is to "Focus on the good".

Every now and then, the hammer does come out:

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The level of consolidation in the industry is quite high and Godaddy has been on a buying spree over the last ten years or so. Newfold Digital was the major merger in the last year or so. The acquisitions seem to be focused on ccTLD registrars rather than ICANN registrars. A lot of the big hosting brands have multiple ICANN accreditations (not just for drop catching). One of the reports that I publish each month is the gTLD transactions report. There are approximately 1M hosters active in .COM/NET/ORG/BIZ/INFO/MOBI/ASIA/New gTLDs. Approximately 95% of the domain names in these gTLDs are hosted by approximately 4K hosting brands.

The biggest operator in the market is Godaddy but it is like an iceberg in that people only focus on the main Godaddy brand and miss all the other hosters that it owns. The same applies with Newfold Digital. The problem with all these acquisitions is the renewal rate. Some registrars and hosters have low renewal rates because they are always chasing registry discounts. These registrations don't renew well. In the new gTLDs, the 5% is a good renewal rate for these discounted registrations. It varies for other gTLDs. Some new gTLDs can have over 70% zone replacement in a year. That means that 70% of registrations in the zone file in one month will be gone by the same month next year. Even the .COM has issues. Approximately 44% of .COM domain names registered last year will not renew.

Epik has a market niche and a strong identity. It might not be a good fit for some of the large hosting brands.

Regards...jmcc

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks @MapleDots.

There are no discussions or plans for Epik to be anything other than independent. We are capitalized accordingly and being careful to be wise stewards and assembling remarkable people to keep us on track as we scale!

Good to hear! 👍🏽

kwng

Level 1
Reaction score
In light of the announcement yesterday I'll contribute more instead of lurking without logging in :)

Epik has the chance to seriously overtake GD if they play their cards right. In light of the Great Reset agenda on the horizon I hope Epik lives by its words as the swiss bank of domains. Thats why I moved ALL my domains with Epik. I've ZERO domains elsewhere now and am willing to pay that extra $1 for renewals etc if need be knowing Rob will fight tooth and nail to not let my domains get taken away.

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Thats why I moved ALL my domains with Epik.
Hi,
I have seen a number of domainers doing this in the last several months.
It's easy to manage a large portfolio if all the names are in one place. And Epik has a very good bulk domain management system.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators