Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed How much is this worth for type-ins?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Suppose I bought a domain name with a reasonably good amount of type-ins, say over 10,000, but the name itself was reasonably long or 3 words instead of two. Would the type-in traffic potential make this domain as saleable as a shorter, 2 word domain?

How much do you think a domain with over 10K type ins is worth (ballpark)?

Domain Summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95degrees
Suppose I bought a domain name with a reasonably good amount of type-ins, say over 10,000, but the name itself was reasonably long or 3 words instead of two. Would the type-in traffic potential make this domain as saleable as a shorter, 2 word domain?

95degrees, what period of time are you referring to for these type-ins...daily...weekly...monthly...yearly?

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Monthly

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain might be worth $500... or $50. It really depends on what these visitors are looking for. What does the domain relate to, industry-wise? Was it an existing site before?

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
10,000 sounds a lot for type-ins. Before I bought it, I would need to look at the hosting stats, and try to find out if they were advertising it off the net.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have stats for this traffic (typeins?)?

Originally posted by 95degrees

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overture shows 16,149 type-ins. I checked the and the only site I could see existing before was a generic portal. It was not developed.

The reason it gets so many hits I am sure is that it is just a very common thing people (teens especially) seek. One of the keywords is consistently in the Top 100 keywords.

D

dkny

it's likely to be a good name. as long as you get type-ins traffic, it is a great name. if it's targeted traffic, it's a lot better.

10K type-in for 3 words domain is better than 1K type-in 2 words domain.

by the way, how many letters? is there any hyphen or number in?

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its 15 characters no dashes. No I have not tracked it myself, simply using Overture for a rough idea. I went back to check again to make sure on Overture for Sept 2002. The exact phrase in the exact order etc. got 1439 type-ins for the 3 words. The total type-ins containing the same keywords got a total of 16,149 type-ins.

D

dkny

95 degree,

Overture keyword search is not a type-in. it's totally different. for example, "car driving sports" has 19+K search, but it's cardrivingsports.com is worthless.

you need to reg the name and post it here for appraisal, or PM someone you can trust to appraise it before regging it.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95degrees Overture shows 16,149 type-ins. I checked the and the only site I could see existing before was a generic portal. It was not developed.
The reason it gets so many hits I am sure is that it is just a very common thing people (teens especially) seek. One of the keywords is consistently in the Top 100 keywords.

Overture is merely a tool we use, though an excellent tool and free too. But its search returns have a dubious value relationship to type-ins. I have reg'd a name with more than 20,000-mo Suggestion Tool returns but it gets no type-ins at all. Another name I reg'd has 1/10 of that but gets good numbers of true type-ins.

A type-in is where someone types the name into the browser address window. However, today I noticed my daughter was typing in names and their tld ext into the Google search window. But Google did not find the site since it was not listed with no Page Rank.

Anyone here know if others use this method also and if so how much and do you think that also counts as a true type-in?

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay. I am also learning on this journey. Now that you have clarified that for me - and my bubble has been summarily popped :) - could someone explain then how people on the forum can quote a number of type-ins? How do you arrive at the figure? What I have been asking then should be re-worded perhaps to:

"How much is a 3-word, 15 character domain worth if it gets a count of >10,000 using the Overture tool"?

The domain name is nintendo64cheat.com

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People will search that, but will not type it as a url...

95degrees

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think they will.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think nintendo64cheats.com would be better.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes Plural is much better might actually get a few straight into the URL type-ins, But I think you could get a much better gaming/type-in domain if you just search around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom