Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

How Much Lower Will It Go, Sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How much LESS will you pay us? On a portfolio of 650 names you managed to destroy the revenue of the top-traffic domain. Then you introduced the yo-yo revenue with domains with minimal traffic making $1 /click one day and 4 cents the other. Today it's another disastrous day, with AVERAGE PPC dropping down to 11 cents. I haven't made less money in a day since 2004.

You don't respond to numerous threads. Sedo, you're a joke.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am experiencing the same thing..I emailed sedo..all I heard was dynamic pricing bla bla...reoptimize..bla bla..same old story..and they said something new something about 48 hours keywords change..sounds more to me like they are doing a somewhat namedrive approach in which they see what the portfolio earns and 48 hours later the new clicks get valued at whatever the previous ones made..just a guess..they are doing something, but they are not saying what..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Over at NamePros we have Sedo rep "Mara" raving over how her colleague, "Sara", is a DNForum "regular" at the Sedo subforum.

Have you seen any posts from Sara answering questions, concerns, responding to long-standing threads with 7k pageviews?

NONE.

Check out this post where apparently Sedo acknowledge in private that they are having issues.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since the day Brad was taken out of Dnforum, i noticed something wrong was going on with sedo.

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My experience with them is shaky. I called them before registering to get a "we will give you a full refund if not satisfied" and after a week, said "yep, give me the refund' It took two emails and a phone call, but they issued me a refund today. The value is just not there.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I understand where you are coming from but I don't understand why you just don't get up and park your names elsewhere. There are atleast half a dozen reputable parking companies out there. Let us all know who works best!

Thanks

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a $2 click day before yesterday :)

That's about it though... I haven't had a click more that .50 cents other than that one in quite a while... Average? abour .04 cents....

I remember in another post, alot of DNF'rs bashing some noob with vision for a Parking site that paied $.08 cents per click minimum... they said some terrible things about parking companies and what would happen if they ever paid that low of revenue...

Well, Sedo IS right now. So....

But really, is it Sedo or is it the Advertisers that we blame?

GoPC

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GoPC, I've gotten clicks of $7. Once in a freaking blue moon. I send Sedo my steady traffic and I get decimated revenue. I compare Sedo's performance after 2 1/2 years of using them and after countless hours optimizing the keywords. Right now not only do they perform like shit, but they keep silent about issues.

"Optimize your keywords". Why don't you fix your attitude instead, Sedo? Hire some staff with personality instead of the dead puppets here.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not the advertisers. There are so many, you'd be surprised. Especially for high paying keywords, believe me, Google does not run out of high paying advertisers. It is only Sedo's excuse to say it is the advertisers. They aren't going to tell you it is their own fault.

Guys,

I understand where you are coming from but I don't understand why you just don't get up and park your names elsewhere. There are atleast half a dozen reputable parking companies out there. Let us all know who works best!

Thanks

Well, the thing is, the times Sedopro pays out good revenue, it is one of the better parking sponsors. What I noticed is that all domains perform on Sedopro. But with other parking sponsors, some domains may perform good, while others perform terrible, and then you have to look around for a parking sponsor for each specific domain or category.

Also, I did notice 1 very important thing with Sedopro. Has there ever been a day where your EPC for high paying keywords has been better than the last? I noticed something with a $3 per click keyword domain that I have, that everyday it's like it's 5%-10% less than the last. I thought the auto optimization is suppose to increase the revenue, not decrease?

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why dont you move all of your domains elsewhere? the more domainers do that the better.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Remember those posts that went out 2 months ago about how our revenue will increase?

Where is the money, Sedo?

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think by now it is obvious that talking failed. no higher revenue - no traffic. all of my domains are already parked elsewhere. i would advice everyone to do the same. it's time to show that domainer community can do more than just complain

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My experience with them is shaky. I called them before registering to get a "we will give you a full refund if not satisfied" and after a week, said "yep, give me the refund' It took two emails and a phone call, but they issued me a refund today. The value is just not there.

What did you get a refund on, your low parking revenues?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL fab. That would require Sedo using a real person instead of androids.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over at NamePros we have Sedo rep "Mara" raving over how her colleague, "Sara", is a DNForum "regular" at the Sedo subforum.

Have you seen any posts from Sara answering questions, concerns, responding to long-standing threads with 7k pageviews?

NONE.

Check out this post where apparently Sedo acknowledge in private that they are having issues.

Acro, please understand I spoke to Sara on the phone about 2 mos ago about a much different issue (regarding their Sedo Pro affiliate program) and say's she is a public relations dept person which is probably why she does not offer much good feedback. In all likelihood she may know very little about all the issues you and others are always upset about.

Someone also told me the more tech person who once posted here stopped due to Sedo getting attacked so much and that is why Sara took over to calm the storm. You should talk to the owner or pres if possible I think his name is Bentley if I recall right.

P.S. BTW, Adsense and YPN income is also down signficantly over the past 5-weeks and when you ask Google about it all you typically get is a canned reply which is of little if any value to help the revenue recover. At least here Sedo does participate a bit which is more than I can say about some others.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Excuse me, is this a free marketing forum and I didn't know it? Does this forum exist in order to provide Sedo with FREE PR fluff issued by Sara, Mara or whoever?

This is a technical subforum where DOMAINERS who are eager to MAKE MONEY post their feedback, concerns and issues.

If Sara is INCAPABLE of doing her job at Marketing and PR by answering questions here, FIRE HER!

I am sick and tired of paying Sedo's wages with MY MONEY and traffic while I get back pure, steamy BULLSHIT.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone also told me the more tech person who once posted here stopped due to Sedo getting attacked so much

I can't think of fewer things that will get you attacked faster than telling people how much more they will be earning through your services when in reality you are actually cutting more and more off their payouts every week.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a decrease in revenue on Sedopro, I advise you to call Matt Villa, a manager of Sedopro accounts:

617-758-4261 (Matt Villa)

Please post any feedback you get from him. Don't email him. Call him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators