Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How Much Lower Will It Go, Sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but... It make me wonder why during the same period that the amount paid by Google on my Adsense accounts decreases (while the traffic remains the same), the traffic on my parked domains goes down...

Ever wonder if someone behind the scenes at a parking company figures the best way to make up for revenue lost when Google pays less is to simply undercount the clicks? How come on my Adsense account the traffic is relatively stable?

Domain Summit 2024

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excuse me, is this a free marketing forum and I didn't know it? Does this forum exist in order to provide Sedo with FREE PR fluff issued by Sara, Mara or whoever?

This is a technical subforum where DOMAINERS who are eager to MAKE MONEY post their feedback, concerns and issues.

If Sara is INCAPABLE of doing her job at Marketing and PR by answering questions here, FIRE HER!

I am sick and tired of paying Sedo's wages with MY MONEY and traffic while I get back pure, steamy BULLSHIT.

All I can suggest is you stop using this service which is mainly used by amateurs and follow the leads of the Domaining Professionals around here. I have used Sedo extensively in the past, but there just comes a time when you need to grow up.

If you want high value traffic, you should go after the Japanese market. Google consistently pay more for Japanese clicks. Of course you need a service that will help you optimise properly on Japanese Keywords in the local script. Namepros is the leader in this field and substantially IDN compatible. I understand that DS are now gearing up for Asian markets as well. Gone are the days when parking service looked down their noses at non-US traffic.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Duck, my traffic is 95% US and 5% European. I have no use for IDN junk either. As for calling me an "amateur" just because I use Sedo, I think that I will use whatever service offers an easy to use interface and for the most part of the past 3 years offered decent PPC rates.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duck, my traffic is 95% US and 5% European. I have no use for IDN junk either. As for calling me an "amateur" just because I use Sedo, I think that I will use whatever service offers an easy to use interface and for the most part of the past 3 years offered decent PPC rates.

I have to admit that I have been trying to work with SEDO, but I am all through with them now.

As for Junk, you can find it any language and any extension. By definition because more names have been registered as dot coms there is more Junk to be found there than elsewhere. Of course good dot coms command a huge premium, almost inexplicably so, but junk is still junk regardless of extension.

You will be forced to eat your words on IDN very soon now, so hold whatever opinions you think fit on the subject. It has no consequence to the outcome. All this discussion is nothing more than a little sport whilst we wait.

The real junk, however, will prove to be English Name in ccTLDs, where English has little or no relevence. The situation will be far worse when even the Latin Script that English is written in also has little or no relevence. There will of course be a lot of IDN junk out there. Personally, I have no real time for IDN symbols and certainly don't entertain mixed scripts, typos etc. Like you I stick mainly to Single Word Generics, but also have city Names, Surnames and some very rare single characters. My portfolio, unlike yours is mainly dot Com, because I believe that it will remain the dominant global extension brand for the foreseeable future.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that I have been trying to work with SEDO, but I am all through with them now.

As for Junk, you can find it any language and any extension. By definition because more names have been registered as dot coms there is more Junk to be found there than elsewhere. Of course good dot coms command a huge premium, almost inexplicably so, but junk is still junk regardless of extension.

You will be forced to eat your words on IDN very soon now, so hold whatever opinions you think fit on the subject. It has no consequence to the outcome. All this discussion is nothing more than a little sport whilst we wait.

The real junk, however, will prove to be English Name in ccTLDs, where English has little or no relevence. The situation will be far worse when even the Latin Script that English is written in also has little or no relevence. There will of course be a lot of IDN junk out there. Personally, I have no real time for IDN symbols and certainly don't entertain mixed scripts, typos etc. Like you I stick mainly to Single Word Generics, but also have city Names, Surnames and some very rare single characters. My portfolio, unlike yours is mainly dot Com, because I believe that it will remain the dominant global extension brand for the foreseeable future.
Duck .es are getting traffic. .com isn't always the best

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have an idea, why dont we get a group together with high traffic portfolios, and combine our domain traffic, enough to qualify for our own Google account, cut out the middle guy and increase our revenue by 50% or more.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You create a partnership of lets say 10 individuals that have the traffic, and create a PPC business where every partner would have there own account, any new accounts created would be charged a commission of x percent.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Perhaps they only pay 40% revenue on 50% of the clickthroughs.

I have said it before. Parking programs need to be audited. Perhaps someone could give some sample domains to google to verify.

A few of us framed our sedo pages last year and sedo recorded only about 30% of the traffic that we recorded. Even after we removed all the Bot/spider traffic.

Never mind conspiracy theories.. its more like fact than fiction.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but... It make me wonder why during the same period that the amount paid by Google on my Adsense accounts decreases (while the traffic remains the same), the traffic on my parked domains goes down...

Ever wonder if someone behind the scenes at a parking company figures the best way to make up for revenue lost when Google pays less is to simply undercount the clicks? How come on my Adsense account the traffic is relatively stable?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where Sedo indicates they payout 50%? I'd like to see that page, if there indicating they payout 50% and there actually only paying out 40%, that's a punishable crime. I think it would be difficult to prove the actual traffic a domain recieves, such as Sedo skimming traffic and pocketing 100% of that skimmed revenue, which is the most likely scenario.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its not mentioned anywhere. It is an assumption based on the other parking programs. Most pay up to 50% and disclose.. However SEDO refuse to disclose its percentage.

We are all expected to have blind faith that they pay us a fair share. Sedo guesstimate the PPC as they display realtime stats. Which is impossible as Google batch update every 4 hours and release stats after almost 24. So SEDO just guess and pay a percentage of that. I think they do pay between 40 and 50% of the guessed PPC (on SEDOPRO) however its impossible to really know.

People have tested and claimed 25%

Only real way of knowing is to Sponsor a Keyword on Adwords make sure your sponsored link is on one of you parked pages; click it and then compare what google charged you for it, Divide it by half and then see what SEDO paid you for that one, make sure it is on a domain with no traffic and sponsor an obscure keyword.

I can not condone clicking on your own ads, but I guess it is one way to know for sure.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
New record low today, Christmas Day, at Sedo.

I nominate them for worst parking company for 2006.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You create a partnership of lets say 10 individuals that have the traffic, and create a PPC business where every partner would have there own account, any new accounts created would be charged a commission of x percent.

I think Klickerz is run under a similar Co-Op type arrangement for some key members/investors.
These things are not the easiest to manage. Between the money and the domains, theres quite a bit of administration that has to happen. A direct feed for exclusives is being considered here, but I think it is doomed to get bogged down in administration. Also security against embezzlement by whowever handles the money must be a consideration.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

How very strangey. Those self appointed masters of the universe at Traffics voted these guys the best parking service of the year. Somebody has obviously got this very wrong!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasnt the Award "Best New Click Program" which was referring to SEDOPRO?

Well I would agree with that, its a great program and all the other NEW programs in 2006 were not up to much.

I find SEDOPRO to be more competitive than most, however I would have to say "WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR 2005(post ed russell) - 2006"

Considering that I came up with the SEDOPro "It Pays to Park" Slogan, its really ironic.

Revenue on Christmas day at SEDO was normal for me so no complaints.

Lets hope 2007 SEDO steps upto the plate and starts to reply to issues raised by the DNF Possee. Otherwise this will just turn out to be a "Sedo Sucks Forum"

If they are only willing to use this to promote their new services and not respond to issues raised then they should loose the rights to having their own forum.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets hope 2007 SEDO steps upto the plate and starts to reply to issues raised by the DNF Possee. Otherwise this will just turn out to be a "Sedo Sucks Forum"

If they are only willing to use this to promote their new services and not respond to issues raised then they should loose the rights to having their own forum.

Agreed totally, my stats on the other hand continue to fall, ppc has halved in the past three weeks.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is Rockin' for me. :)

Christmas day is supposed to be the worst day. People need to be at work to click.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Klickerz is run under a similar Co-Op type arrangement for some key members/investors.
These things are not the easiest to manage. Between the money and the domains, theres quite a bit of administration that has to happen. A direct feed for exclusives is being considered here, but I think it is doomed to get bogged down in administration. Also security against embezzlement by whowever handles the money must be a consideration.

I happen to agree.

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since the new feed sedo only pays me 0,06€ for the keyword 'poker' :(

Anyone know of a good place to park poker domains? (besides fabulous)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators