Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How NOT to use a .ca URL

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Picture00012.png

www.Mercedes-Benz-Kitchener-Waterloo.ca

Then they decided not to register the .com which is OK because they are Canadian.

So here is the crazy part...

For email they are using..

name@mercedes-benzkw.com because someone bought up the .ca version of that.
(registered at NamesPro.ca)

So a horrendous .ca as the main and then a .com for the email.

What a bloody mess o_O

WIth so many good short .ca's available they could have bought a nice short forwarding domain that they could also have used for email.

My 12 year old son is also into domaining and he registered mbkw in ca and unbelievably it was available.

These guys know cars but they sure as heck don't know anything about domains.

Domain summit 2024

nafti

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The head of their marketing should be fired! :p

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do they actually have a head of marketing?o_O:rolleyes:

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of them are awful. They must really have a love of hyphens

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In Canada all MB dealers now have to be called Mercedes-Benz and the city or region name

So because this dealer is in a twin city which is always referred to as Kitchener-Waterloo they had little choice. They are in Kitchener but could have dropped the waterloo but because they are exclusive to both territories this part was mandated so...

Mercedes-Benz-Kitchener-Waterloo.ca the only optional part would have been the hyphen between Benz and Kitchener and the hyphen between Kitchener and waterloo.

So they were pretty well stuck and needed something shorter for email ie Mercedes-BenzKW.com but the .ca was taken by someone with foresight.

The cats meow would have been info@mbkw.ca as a small redirect for the long url.
I do that with one of my businesses with a long name, I redirect the acronym to the long and use the acronym for email.

Unbelievable they did not think of MBKW and my 12 year old son did.

Enerika

I'M ALL EARS... "FINALLY (thanks)!"
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In Canada all MB dealers now have to be called Mercedes-Benz and the city or region name

So because this dealer is in a twin city which is always referred to as Kitchener-Waterloo they had little choice. They are in Kitchener but could have dropped the waterloo but because they are exclusive to both territories this part was mandated so...

Mercedes-Benz-Kitchener-Waterloo.ca the only optional part would have been the hyphen between Benz and Kitchener and the hyphen between Kitchener and waterloo.

So they were pretty well stuck and needed something shorter for email ie Mercedes-BenzKW.com but the .ca was taken by someone with foresight.

The cats meow would have been info@mbkw.ca as a small redirect for the long url.
I do that with one of my businesses with a long name, I redirect the acronym to the long and use the acronym for email.

Unbelievable they did not think of MBKW and my 12 year old son did.

Sometimes it takes some new blood (or a "newbie"!)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators