Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How ridiculous is this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Literally within hours (perhaps even less) 5 (of several) names I moved from Sedo with 0 traffic, 0 clicks is getting traffic...

upon moving to bodis are not only registering traffic but also clicks (up to $2.12 per click) and up to 250% CTR.

I think I will be moving out of and closing down Sedo.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe you and I'm not surprised.

{edit} whoa. Nice new formatting box on DNF. {/edit}

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know why this is either.

I had a domain there that had between 3-7 hits a day and then when I moved it there it registering only 1 hit a day and often 0.

Now I don't know who the visitors were or what kind of traffic it was but I found it odd at the time.

Skinny

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its difficult to really nail this parking biz down.

I have names getting 20 hits, move them, suddenly the traffic jumps to over 1K a day but still no clicks.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen that, but I have also seen other weird things. Sometimes removing a domain from Sedo, and then re-adding it will dramatically increase PPC for a short period of time. I also moved a domain with a few hundred monthly visits and no clicks from Sedo to Bodis. The traffic is now about 1/10th and (as expected) still no clicks. In general however the PPC at Bodis seems (like at ND) to be better than at Sedo.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've experienced that too.

There are bid differences in the tracking of visitors among the ppc companies. I guess it depends on "what" they really track.
I remember several years ago I had a domain name getting like 2,000 visits/day at Sedo and not many clicks.
They told me, and I also found out by myself, that they were tracking also pictures hits at the time.

A part from that I've just seen Bodis new adult templates (on my adult domain names), and I simply love them. But don't expect huge ppc though.

fulltiltpoker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
any opinions for afternic? I have quite many domains listed there but don't seem to get get visits according to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators