Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question How to create my own TLD on blockchain?

This is a general or domain name related question.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Hello
Does someone have a step by step guide to mint my own .TLD on blockchain?
So i make a percentage of money when people will register my .TLD on the blockchain with different words, as we register domains in com, net , org , io etc, in short I want to create a TLD which is not available yet and profit from it's regs.
I have look some info but I don't get it.
Thanks for any input.

Domain summit 2024

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
I wonder if I can do the same and register it at ICANN and have some percentages from the sales.
But I feel for that you need to have a company, then to propose the TLD and wait until it will be accepted, that is why I feel on blockchain might be simple to do that as an end user.

bhartzer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will have to do it on blockchain.

We have been waiting for ICANN to open it up for new TLD proposals since 2013, it doesn't look like they will do it anytime soon. I've looked into it, and you will need the $185,000 application fee for ICANN. Then you'd need at least $50,000 for domain attorneys to prepare and file the paperwork. You will need at least $500,000 in marketing costs to market the new TLD. So my estimate is about $850,000 to $1m for a new TLD.

Reaction score

We have been waiting for ICANN to open it up for new TLD proposals since 2013, it doesn't look like they will do it anytime soon. I've looked into it, and you will need the $185,000 application fee for ICANN. Then you'd need at least $50,000 for domain attorneys to prepare and file the paperwork. You will need at least $500,000 in marketing costs to market the new TLD. So my estimate is about $850,000 to $1m for a new TLD.
What TLD would you go for if you could have any?

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score

That is allot of money, if I had 1Mil i would dedicate my time to create free energy rather than invest in a TLD creation.

bhartzer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>> What TLD would you go for if you could have any?
We actually have a business plan and everything set for applying for the .DFW top level domain once ICANN offers applications for new TLDs. It would be a restricted TLD, whereas only companies and residents with a D/FW area address can get a .DFW domain.

Reaction score
>> What TLD would you go for if you could have any?
We actually have a business plan and everything set for applying for the .DFW top level domain once ICANN offers applications for new TLDs. It would be a restricted TLD, whereas only companies and residents with a D/FW area address can get a .DFW domain.
Interesting so similar to .ny or .london

When they start applications again i would be interested in getting involved. Feel free to get in touch.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
The concept was first implemented in 2009 with Bitcoin, but today there are many different Blockchain technologies,
Yes I m aware of that, but I look for info how to create something like .eth I have something of my own to implement as an extension which may overtake the .COM crown.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators