Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to request bulk authcodes @ Godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm about to move around 80 domains from Godaddy to another registrar. Is there a way to request bulk authcodes in the GD control panel? I did search work and found a 2007 threads regarding this question. But I didn't see the same menu in today's new panel. Any hints? Thanks in advance.

Per Domainnamewire:

UPDATED 2-13-07 11:30am CST:

I received an e-mail from GoDaddy indicating that it is possible to get the authorization codes in bulk. I did give GoDaddy the benefit of the doubt on this one by contacting support prior to assuming you could not get codes in bulk (support responded that they had to be done individually, but I don’t think the support representative understood my question). That said, here’s how you can get your authorization codes in bulk:

“When in the Domain Control Center with the domains listed, you can select the Exportable Lists folder on the left. From here select the ‘Add New Export’ option and include ‘Authorization Codes’ as an option in order to have your domain list sent to you with each authorization code.”

Domain Summit 2024

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its easy, go to your domain management panel... and under DOMAINS - scroll down to get domain list - then select all domains, click on authorization codes and anything else you want to download in the list. Once you submit okay, then wait 10 seconds and click on the refresh page and you will have a list to download!

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HOPE, where to click on authorization codes? Please would you show me via the following screenshot. Thank you!

auth.jpg

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, this answers a question I was going to ask. Next question, though -- where's the best place to take your domains if you're tired of Parsons' BS?

Dont be such a hater, their is no one better! What Moniker? Moniker is part of the scandal that stole money from us by bidding against us, and you want me or others to take our domains to these scum bags?! no thanks.

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hater? You say that like it's a bad thing! Of course you're right about Moniker, but I don't like the price creep at Godaddy, and frankly Parsons' politics don't jive with mine. Jets and helicopters and patriotizm -- that's why I pay taxes, not ICANN ...

Last edited:

HE

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry bro, its under TOOLS!

I didn't know that, too. Thank you for sharing...

I'll try that next time...:yes:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hater? You say that like it's a bad thing! Of course you're right about Moniker, but I don't like the price creep at Godaddy, and frankly Parsons' politics don't jive with mine. Jets and helicopters and patriotizm -- that's why I pay taxes, not ICANN ...

He donated 500K US!!!!!!!! to Haiti Fund - and he gives us e-related products for cheap out of the all the competition! What else do you want?

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He donated 500K US!!!!!!!! to Haiti Fund - and he gives us e-related products for cheap out of the all the competition! What else do you want?

That's 10,000 X what I sent, so good on him for that, and good on you for taking his side. I just don't side with militarism. Kill people here, save 'em there, not my bag. Obama's into it, too, but I'd just as soon not kill anybody. And I don't mean to hijack a technical thread with a rant, so after this, I will have said my peace. And peace to you.

D

Deleted member 111831

Wow wish I had found this sooner, I've been doing it one by one, thought GoDaddy had designed it that way to make life difficult, like they do with everything else.

I always move my GoDaddy domains to either Moniker or Fabulous a couple of months before they are up for renewal (never renew domains there unless I have to) - both great registrars, built for domainers. I don't take what happened at SnapNames into consideration when using Moniker as a registrar - it isn't like they are going to start stealing our domains all of a sudden - in fact they have a reputation as one of the safest places to keep high value domains.

Both Moniker and Fabulous have excellent and fast user interfaces for domainers (unlikely GoDaddy, slow and constantly trying to sell you crap you don't want or need) - and both have great support. I've never had a big problem come up with Fabulous so I don't know if this applies - but when I had an issue with Moniker and couldn't get immediate help from support, I was able to get in contact with several higher ups including the owner (or CEO w/e) within a very short period of time - he replied from his Blackberry and took care of my problem. I wanna see Bob Parson's do that!

Last edited by a moderator:

mmerlin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 111831

picture4zr.png

What am I supposed to click there? Nothing there that says 'get domains'...

Did they change this? I can't figure it out and want to bulk move a bunch of domains, somebody help plz.

D

Deleted member 111831

Exportable Lists -> Add New Export -> Authorization Codes

Thanks but Authorization Codes is not an option. The drop down only has:

-All my domains
-Premium listings
-Expired domains
-Auctions

...?

Nomzo

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, missed out 'All my domains'

Exportable Lists -> Add New Export -> All my domains -> Authorization Codes

I don't think there's a way to select a group of domains, but it beats requesting the codes individually.

D

Deleted member 111831

Sorry, missed out 'All my domains'

Exportable Lists -> Add New Export -> All my domains -> Authorization Codes

I don't think there's a way to select a group of domains, but it beats requesting the codes individually.

Thanks. That works. But you need a list of the domains, doesn't show expiration dates or anything, and you have to do it one-by-one.

Earlier in the thread people evidently were able to do this in bulk. Does anybody know a way to do that or did GoDaddy change it?

Doing anything one-by-one in GD is terrible because it takes 10 seconds for their page to refresh every time and they have 17 confirmation screens between each step etc. F@$K GODADDY.

D

Deleted member 111831

Weird. I requested the domains one by one and then went back to download the files one by one like the email they sent me says (the email they sent for each domain). Then when I open the files they sent me they are all exactly the same. Every file shows every domain in my GoDaddy account along with expiration date, whether or not the domain is locked, the auth code and other info.

Don't know if this is a bug or not but it seems you can simply request one auth code this way and get the auth code for all of your domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom