• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How to sell a portfolio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulyb

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
I have a portfolio of about 240 names. Mostly .COM, alot from expired domain auctions. Where and how is the best way to market it. Currently I am categorizing the name for easier surfing. Also, what kind of stats should I post about the names?

Your help is appreciated. :)
 
Has anyone heard of people selling their portfolios on ebay. I don't want to waste my time and money with ebay if it is not going to be worth it. Beside here and ebay where else is a good place to sell portfolios?
 
You need to tell us what kind of names these are, traffic domains, generics, brandable?....If I know, I can try to point you in the right direction,
 
They are basically a combination of of generic and brandable, not too many with traffic. I have purchase about 1/3 of them from expired domain auctions and 1/10 off of the bazzar. The split is about 2/3 generic with a good amount regional generics and 1/3 brandable. If you would like I can shoot the list to your email if that would help. I have never done a bulk sale only single domains at a time. Any insight you can provide would help greatly. I am planning on putting the list up tonight in the selling area to see what kind of response I get. If this is a bad idea please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks
 
The type-in domains can sell quick for average market prices. the regional generics, even though they have a very good future, today you will have a hard time selling them to resellers. That would get even harder if they are representing several niches as in that case, they could only be useful in the hands of a domainer, aka reseller. The best option is to hold them and gradually sell them one by one in 5-6 years, when all the good regional generics are gone. As for the brandables, again, only speculators want them so your best bet is again the reseller - however getting a reseller to buy a whole bunch of brandables for a good price is a hard thing.

I think your best bet is posting them in public and see if anyone is interested. If you post the names in public, make sure NOT to include a price, that could potentially hurt end user deals in the future as the thread will be picked up by SE


JMO
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom