Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

how will a crawler treat repeats in a domain name like 3dmovie3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

shags38

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

just wondering how the likes of a Google crawler will treat a domain similar to say 3dmovie3d when a searcher types in 3d movie as the search criteria.

Obviously the domain 3dmovie will come up as it fits the search criteria exactly - matching both words - 3d and movie. (I know 3d is not a word however I figure that google will alter their logarithms to recognize it as a word soon with the 3d explosion? - yes? no? )

I am a crawler, I am asked to find 3d movie - I look for both words in combination - the domain in question 3dmovie3d matches the query exactly also, in order and the first word a second time - right?"
so 3dmovie3d should be rated the same as 3dmovie in the crawlers eyes right? (not talking page rank - that is a different issue). Movie3d would also catch the attention of the crawler but secondary to the other 2 mentioned - right or not?

obviously the same could not be said for "3dmovieonchannelthirteentonightateightoclock.com" (and before you waste your valuable time this is already registered :lol:)

So does anyone have an opinion on this or actual experince even ?????

cheers, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators