• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed How worthless IDN name for sold 31,000 EU

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYdomainer

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
How worthless IDN name for sold 31,000 EU

Investigative Reporting

Early in February I got a call on my cell from the guy, let’s call him Dan, in Boston who works for SEDO. I had dealings with him in the past and he appeared to be a nice guy. He helped me buy a number of names for my corporate clients.

I asked Dan, what’s the urgency?
He hung up and called me 10 minutes later on his cell from the parking lot.

Also,
I just got a pm telling me to be careful naming names -- or else..


Here’s his story:
Dan says he can’t talk to me freely since the new boss Herr Muller is recording all conversations.
The new German-transplanted SEDO team just concocted a plan to generate more revenue at the expense of the foolish domain investors.

Apparently I was on his list of people to call to bid up prices at the SEDO auction.
I was number 57 on the list of 500. Another 10,000 were sent urgent emails.

He thinks this was the forth “emergency auction” authorized by Muller since Christmas.

And today he was pitching domain wìne.com, IDN nonetheless.

The letter “ì” is some kind of weird letter from the Greek alphabet.


Domain name: xn--wne-nma.com
In puni code: wìne.com


This domain was created just a few days BEFORE the auction on a whim:
created-date: 2007-02-05
to be continued...

Sorry folks --
I'm doing some work for the client now.
But here's the link to that auction: http://nyckey.com/
www.nyckey.com

The winner is #13,
#12 & #14 are human and computer fakes for the house.
They're not really representing anybody, just bidding up!

I just got pm telling me not to name names...
Now, you're a bunch of misfits. You walk around the house in your underwear.
When was the last time you took a shower?
Ladies:: it's not a bad idea to shave underarms.
 
:popcorn:

As predator would say...it's a popcorn thread!
 
:popcorn:

As predator would say...it's a popcorn thread!
:behindsofa:Move over. This should be good. Got enough butter on yours? :popcorn:
 
what did sedo do to you that upset you so much?
 
:behindsofa:Move over. This should be good. Got enough butter on yours? :popcorn:
i like sweet popcorn. salty is not my thing. glad to hear you're a butter man ;)
 
Another trash post from nydomainer, I surprised you werent banned yesterday for yet another Sedo bashing...
 
Here we go again !!!

Seatbelt on, and buckled up.
 
i like peanut m&m's in my popcorn...:)....this sit is awesome...first the russian kid from beverly hills with the $100k bogus sale...and now this....back to back thrillers....i love it...:)...gonna need a smoke after this one....
 
i like sweet popcorn. salty is not my thing. glad to hear you're a butter man ;)
I knew there was a sweet spot in ya'...cheers! :cheers:
 
wìne.ws is available is anyone want to reg it ;)
 
I want some feta cheese with that wine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom