Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hown Can I establish domain's Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palombini

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hown Can I establish domain's Price?

Anybody know any software to establish quickly domain's price?

I'm from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro

Thanks!

Mario Palombini

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your best bet is to go to a website:
http://www. igoldrush.com and start with the introduction and then click on all the various items from the home page; if you read everything carefully, you will gain a good overall knowledge of how the market works.

DomainShark

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or simpler still, post the domain (if you already own it) in the appraisals section of these forums to see what a number of people who trade domain names on a regular basis think it might be worth.

If you've got the cash and think your domain might be worth a lot you might even consider paying for a professional appraisal and valuation by a reputable organisation such as SEDO, Moniker or afternic.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as an "established" or "official" domain appraiser anywhere, and anyone who sells you an appraisal is really only benefitting themselves, not you. I'd stay away. They can actually do more harm than good by selling you an appraisal that drastically overstates your domain's value, just to make you happy with their service in the hopes you will buy more.

You can get a good grasp of market values by browsing through the sales and appraisal threads on this site - that will be the highest quality and cheapest lesson you will ever learn on the topic.

Best of luck, and welcome to DNF!

DomainShark

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as an "established" or "official" domain appraiser anywhere
I'm not offering any endorsements having not used their services, but the companies I named are more reputable and their valuations more trustworthy than the scammers emailing people with "interested potential buyers" who want them to use their appraisal services, aren't they?

and anyone who sells you an appraisal is really only benefitting themselves, not you.
They're the most obvious beneficiaries, but surely the novice domain reseller can gain some benefit from realising that the domain name he just registered is worth 50x what he thought (or conversely, that the name he had failed to sell for most of the year at a hopelessly inflated $50k might actually attract buyers at a realistic price). And might potential end users be somewhat comforted that they're getting a reasonable price by a paid-for appraisal and hence more likely to buy (which is even better news for the reseller if the price is ridiculously over-inflated)?

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive heard webhostingtalk's appraisal is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators