Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Huge Nightmare - Camroulette.com - BRING BACK THE THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are too many valuable lessons to be learned in that one thread and I am very disappointed to see that it has been censored and removed from DNF.

It is not so much that it was closed, but removed???

We have a case of a member (by his own admission) not completing a sale to one buyer but instead selling it for a higher amount, then the seller wanted to be remorseful for now being sued.

There are too many lessons to be learned in that thread.

First and foremost, not completing a transaction. That in itself has gotten many members on DNF banned for breach.

Secondly, there was some confusion on many member's parts that failed to realize that an email is and can be a legally binding document.

Most of all, someone can not break a contract and think there will be no recourse by the other party.

Already this story is being played out on many blogs and even on other forums.

I just think it would be appropriate to post the thread involving DNF, Just a Huge Nightmare.

No matter what side people may chose, this is a valuable lesson taught for inexperienced and even the experienced domainers.

Domain Summit 2024

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holy cow, what happened? I've got a few guesses, but who knows!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it was best for the OP to remove damaging materials.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are folks expected to "learn" on a domain forums, if they're not exposed to harsh realities (like court cases, etc.), especially when things go wrong? The court case is entirely in the public domain.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The OP should have been more ambiguous regarding the domain name.

What do you expect from a 20 year old who violated the rules of trading by refunding Person A's payment and re-selling to Person B for more money and then publicly posting the domain name involved in the dispute and not to mention he refused to accept that his greed played a role.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Free traffic to camroulette.com :D

Hyphen

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I requested it be deleted or locked/closed because nothing more needed to be added. I made the post asking for recommendations on who I should go to or what I would do, I was not looking for sympathy or mock-attorneys. I appreciate some of the advice given to me, however I think it's time for some people to move on. I've had people calling me and my mother leaving derogatory comments all because I posted a thread in a domain lawyer's subforum asking people for whom I should go to with a certain situation. You know? The post wasn't to discredit anyone or to get anyone on my side, I wanted to explain a situation slightly discreetly but with enough being revealed so that the severity and nature of what is going on can be conveyed. I didn't want to mention names but George is just way too into this for some reason and has posted names, email addresses, etc. I don't understand why... I didn't damage myself by making any post on a forum, any damage that may or may not be done is what happened months ago. If your interested in the story, several blogs have it for you. I don't understand why I'm being harassed about this, and if you were one of the people who has been posting my information or calling me or anyone in my please family and you're reading this, I would sincerely appreciate it if you wouldn't do that because it's just been compacting bother onto a situation that is already very troubling to me. Thanks guys.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the original owner who missed the big opportunity and again getting sued. Hope this does not ruin his life in the future.

Hyphen

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I requested it be deleted or locked/closed because nothing more needed to be added. I made the post asking for recommendations on who I should go to or what I would do, I was not looking for sympathy or mock-attorneys. I appreciate some of the advice given to me, however I think it's time for some people to move on. I've had people calling me and my mother leaving derogatory comments all because I posted a thread in a domain lawyer's subforum asking people for whom I should go to with a certain situation. You know? The post wasn't to discredit anyone or to get anyone on my side, I wanted to explain a situation slightly discreetly but with enough being revealed so that the severity and nature of what is going on can be conveyed. I didn't want to mention names but George is just way too into this for some reason and has posted names, email addresses, etc. I don't understand why... I didn't damage myself by making any post on a forum, any damage that may or may not be done is what happened months ago. If Fraser or his attorney ends up seeing this post as well as the cached versions of the original post, I'd like you to see for yourself that I was never trying to make you look a certain way or discredit you on anything. I respect the both of you and your businesses and I was only looking for suggestions on how to defend myself because I'm in an incredibly unfortunate situation right now, so if the blogs or anything try to make it seem that way then those are just opinionated people who probably need a better hobby. If you're interested in the story, several blogs have it for you. I don't understand why I'm being harassed about this, and if you were one of the people who has been posting my information or calling me or anyone in my please family and you're reading this, I would sincerely appreciate it if you wouldn't do that because it's just been compacting bother onto a situation that is already very troubling to me. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

And that was supposed to be an edit, not a quote + reply. I apologize.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hyphen, we were the first to break the news via DomainGang.com exactly 24 hours ago and hours ahead of the so-called "mainstream" blogs - as of today we are still the only domain blog presenting a supportive point of view as clearly this is a case of a frivolous lawsuit.

However, you do need to consult an attorney as this is a case that can be controlled if managed or break into a firestorm if it's ignored. Best of luck, there are several lessons to be learned from it.

Hyphen

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hyphen, we were the first to break the news via DomainGang.com exactly 24 hours ago and hours ahead of the so-called "mainstream" blogs - as of today we are still the only domain blog presenting a supportive point of view as clearly this is a case of a frivolous lawsuit.

However, you do need to consult an attorney as this is a case that can be controlled if managed or break into a firestorm if it's ignored. Best of luck, there are several lessons to be learned from it.

I genuinely do appreciate your support and even with that I hope that no one is trying to throw any dirt on the plaintiff's name in this case because I've read about him and he seems like a good person to me. People are treating me like this right now and I understand how it feels and don't necessarily think he should have to put up with that, even though I'm sure his day consists of more than reading blogs. He's a busy person from what I've read.

The complaint is public, it's nothing that should be hidden but it's also something I didn't want misconstrued and already it's being mucked by opinionated blogs that are pointing fingers. It bothers me to see people arguing in the comments about who is right and who is wrong when all I was trying to accomplish was to find someone who can point me to a lawyer who would give me the time of day. I've talked to another attorney since then and he specializes in the area of typosquatting and the likes, my case is clearly different but I'm listening to whoever will talk to me. I'm going to leave this thread alone now and hope this passes over without too many bumps, and if I knew that in posting in the first place I'd be subject to being harassed and having my information pasted on a blog full of people with negative opinions of me, I'd have definitely refrained. Thanks for the help from those who left names.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if he's a good person, a saint even. The fact is, he's suing you for breach of contract. The argument is over how much he's entitled to get. As I advised in the original thread, any further direct communication will only complicate the process. You must seek an attorney that would help you launch a defense.

DomainShane

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, the news was very broken as soon as it hit this forum. You run a good site but I don't think I'll be changing your nickname to "scoop" any time soon. :)

PS: The lawsuit is certainly warranted. Only the amount is frivolous. My prediction, the plaintiff will win the case, be awarded a very small amount leaving the defendant with big legal bills.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Shane, I tend to differ. Visit Domaining.com for the timeline ;) In fact, DomainGang has broken several news stories to the general public - not everyone visits DNForum.

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you expect from a 20 year old who violated the rules of trading by refunding Person A's payment and re-selling to Person B for more money and then publicly posting the domain name involved in the dispute and not to mention he refused to accept that his greed played a role.

What the heck does being 20 years old have to do with anything? I'm 20 years old myself, and I don't find myself doing this everyday.. In fact, I have successfully sold multiple domains over 6 figures.
Not honouring a sale and a lack of research on the domains potential was the problem here, not the guy being too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom