Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

dropcatch HugeDomains to DropCatch

Discussion about the DropCatch service.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed only 1 domain move from HugeDomains to DropCatch as a drop, which was odd as they typically will renew names and it would seem as if they would send it as a pre-release over anything.

However, that makes me question if HD sends names to DC at any time under either a dropped or pre-release status... and if so, is there a general schedule in which they do such as if it's not sold in 5 years?

Some of their names I would like to buy, but not for those prices; I can wait it out until they send them over to DC and get lucky to pay 1/40th the cost (drop) or have a battle royale in the last 5 minutes with another sniper, still walk away paying 1/5th of HD pricing and be satisfied.

I wish HD would just negotiate down to these prices, especially if you intend to buy some names in bulk, but they just laugh you off the lines so I don't even try that anymore.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i've dropped names, which HD has picked up
so, to me, in the scheme of things.....some of their inventory, contains some of my trash.

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some of their inventory, contains some of my trash
Ever hear that one man's trash is another man's gold? Perhaps you priced it too high, HD got it, and sold it for a lower price ($2000).

But, that isn't the topic at hand here. I've seen domains go from HD to DC in both pre-release and drop, which means, contrary to my prior belief, they do trim their portfolio at times. I'm wondering if anybody has any information on whether HD lets names go and if so if they've noticed a trend on if it's after 5 years or if it's something more like no offers in 5 years.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you priced it too high, HD got it, and sold it for a lower price ($2000).

Hi

it may not be answer around the topic, but they still have the domain for sale.
and i think that's relevant to anybody else who searches their platform.

i've dropped names registered at fabulous.com, which were caught by namejet and sold in auction.
and on each of those occasions, i got a percentage of the sale.

and yes, i agree that one man's or woman's trash, can be another persons gold.

best i can say is, to backorder any names you have interest in ----
but then too, "THEY" prolly monitor their expiring names that don't receive any inquires, just to see if anybody backorders them.

sometimes i do it too, and since they have more personnel than me, then .....

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but then too, "THEY" prolly monitor their expiring names that don't receive any inquires, just to see if anybody backorders them.
I wouldn't see why they wouldn't use this as a sales model too.

They have a name that they renewed for 3 years and got 0 inquiries on in that time but notice that it has a $59 backorder. Just let it drop at that point and take the profit...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators