Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I Did It!!!

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did it everyone! I've sold my very first domain name. It was for only $11 dollars, and I probably could have done so much better, but I DID IT! I know you all have probably been at this for a long time and some of you don't really care, but I'm also sure that there are some of you who remember your very first sale-- that's where I am. JUMPING UP AND DOWN! My children are laughing at me! Its great.

Anyone else want to share how you felt your first time? :p

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did it everyone! I've sold my very first domain name. It was for only $11 dollars, and I probably could have done so much better, but I DID IT! I know you all have probably been at this for a long time and some of you don't really care, but I'm also sure that there are some of you who remember your very first sale-- that's where I am. JUMPING UP AND DOWN! My children are laughing at me! Its great.

Anyone else want to share how you felt your first time? :p

Congrats!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm, I really don't know what to say...but if you are happy that's what matters. repeat and rinse but try to up the dollar amount. good luck!!!

on a silly side note : I remember my very first parking click... .11 cents!!! I couldn't believe it... Now I ignore those clicks lol

Go get em and hopefully it's the start of many sales for you :) Congrats

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll get there!! My first parking click was .75 cents, you can imagine my reaction. Lol!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what did you sell it for?

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what did you sell it for?
The domain name-- $11. I know that was practically nothing, but still a sale. I've gained more from it then the 11 bucks though. I now know how the process works. Knowledge is power, which can turn into money. ;)

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats man, now turn that $11 into $22, to $44, and so on.... That's what you need to be focused on.. Don't pat yourself on the back just yet, wait until you get that first $x,xxx sale, that is going to feel damn good...

Last edited:

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Icedude! You're right of course, i'm going to keep plugging away.

jdwaverly

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!
Now that you know it's possible there is a temptation to jump in with both feet, quit the day job, get a second mortgage to buy LLL.com's etc.
Just kidding, but you get the idea. Take it slow, read, read, read. My only advice is "Spend your money only on quality and only at a price where you can make a profit."
Good Luck

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Factoring in your time, and effort, and energy, and the cost of the initial domain based on opportunity cost you would have actually created a loss for yourself, other than covering your costs. I do not even know how one goes about handing an $11 sale. Congrats on the learning experience of the sales aspect of the domain, but you need to at least get $100 for your time, and efforts, and explain this to the buyer, unless it was a forum sale.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we're supposed to treat all sales the same 1 or 1000. problem with $11 sale is other party may waste your time if they're new or want change of registrar.
what you're left with can be negative too lol --or just 5 like auction on godaddy with only one bidder after your commission is taken out.

don't know what you paid for it, did not say. assume you hand-registered it for less than 11? --congrats on your first sale!

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom