Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I don't need fast cash and I don't like ads that speak to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi.

It would be nice if the digipawn ad could be silenced. I don't want to be asked constantly if I need fast cash. It's really, really bad when you have your speakers turned up because you are listening to internet radio.

You assume that a forum like this would really understand how annoying these ads are. What's next? The flash ads that fill up for your screen and you have to spend 20 seconds playing find the little obscure X button?

Upvote 0

monkeyhead

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The sound only comes on for me if i hover over the ad, im using firefox.
So unless is hover activated then dont hover over other then that firefox is doing somthing nice :)
Matt

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man, I don't know what I did then, but I opened a bunch of windows in IE, and I got asked multiple times..

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the idea is that eventually you'll start believing that you need fast cash, if you're asked over and over and over again.

Haha.

Jonathan said:
Hi.

It would be nice if the digipawn ad could be silenced. I don't want to be asked constantly if I need fast cash. It's really, really bad when you have your speakers turned up because you are listening to internet radio.

You assume that a forum like this would really understand how annoying these ads are. What's next? The flash ads that fill up for your screen and you have to spend 20 seconds playing find the little obscure X button?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The sound only comes on if you mouse over.

-=DCG=-

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just was to start a thread about this too, really anoying...
Dimva

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not that bad, since it only comes on when you mouse over it.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please send a PM to impactadmin and complain.

I will speak to him also.

-=DCG=-

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same here^...
Also when i go to private messages, i accidently touch the ugly banner..
What a great marketing campaign from digipawn, all possible customer gets mad beacuse of the annoying sound..
NO, its not that bad.. d:) :cheeky:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

now i gotta make sure i don't accidentally hover over or move across an area of the forum or else...............

monkeyhead

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long is it going to be there?
I seem to have the misfortune of accidently hovering over it :|
Matt

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It comes on when i load the page, And i accidentally move my mouse, I was about to start a thread too, Damn its annoying haha but kind of funny to see everyone is getting annoyed by it

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still don't get it why there are people who basically HATE ads. They are simply part of the information loop. I still read some paper media these days because of the ads.

martialtiger

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This caught me off guard at work. I had my speakers up because I was QA'ing a call and all of a sudden I heard the ad. I must say it made me close the browser quick and I was really hesitant to go back to this site in fear of it going off again. I'll add to impactadmin's bag o' PMs. I don't mind ads, just none that talk to you while your browsing around in a forum. Since most people browse at work, this could lead to people not participating until after work and for a shorter amount of time. Just my 2 cents.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paulrogers250 said:
.... Damn its annoying haha but kind of funny to see everyone is getting annoyed by it

It's almost impossible to navigate the page without mousing-over that area of the screen (unless concentrating to avoid it) as it seems to be a very active pattern area when moving about. Could not be in a worse spot for users and great spot for the advertisor.

Somewhat amazing others sites are not doing this more. With some sites the banner only speaks when first appearing and not each and every time it is briefly hovered over, Agree, incredibly annoying.

Everyone except Nameslave dislikes it.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree it's very easy to mouse-over that ad, whenever I go to use the scrollbar I hit it! :smartass: Cuts into my music.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to make sure to move my mouse around the banner every time I go to refresh the latest threads just to avoid this brainwashing. ...if I didn't need fast cash 5 seconds ago, I'm not gonna need it now either.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Horrible...internet ads that cant be silenced!
I found tv commercials so insulting to human intelligence, i cut it. No cable, just rent dvds now.
Man, I hope this doesn,t take off, but if it does I guess I can kill all volume on the computer speakers. lol

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
REMOVE ALL ADS THAT MAKE SOUND!!!!

If DNForum was looking for ways to insult customers, I can assure you THEY FOUND it.

I will never, ever do business with someone so stupid as to create an ad like that. Digipawn was at Pubcon last year -- if they're tehre again this year I'll tell them face to face that they've guaranteed that I'll never be a customer. This makes SPAM look good.

Every time we hear the ad, we should start a new thread demanding it be removed. That should get the message across. Hopefully the mods will leave the complaints so they get indexed and do permanent damage to the company's reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom