Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question I don't understand -> premium domains

This is a general or domain name related question.

Andre107

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello... still a newbye and needing to understand a lot.
I don't get why if a domain in available a register company sells it as a premium domain for a very high price and not for a standard price as any available domain (according with TLD etc etc...)
This way makes very hard for a beginner to create a portfolio that maybe spots a good domain.
I give you an example and for sure you all can give me good advices.
I started being interested to domaining few months ago and reading here and there on the web and some book.
I am trying to focus my research and my experiments on a niche of domains.
Carpets, rugs, cleaning, restoration ...
I ve found out that carpetscleaning.com is available for € 5.830 on GoDaddy..... WHAT!!!! I don't understand!
I do miss something for sure, please let me know where my approach is wrong.
Bye

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
carpetscleaning.com i
Hi

some domains like your example are available to purchase, but have already been registered and are listed for sale by the owner.
check whois sites to verify.

imo...

'

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello... still a newbye and needing to understand a lot.
I don't get why if a domain in available a register company sells it as a premium domain for a very high price and not for a standard price as any available domain (according with TLD etc etc...)
This way makes very hard for a beginner to create a portfolio that maybe spots a good domain.
I give you an example and for sure you all can give me good advices.
I started being interested to domaining few months ago and reading here and there on the web and some book.
I am trying to focus my research and my experiments on a niche of domains.
Carpets, rugs, cleaning, restoration ...
I ve found out that carpetscleaning.com is available for € 5.830 on GoDaddy..... WHAT!!!! I don't understand!
I do miss something for sure, please let me know where my approach is wrong.
Bye
As Biggie said, some domains are listed at some places like Godaddy for a "premium" price, they are not available to register at say NameSilo. Now, if NameSilo had a deal with the same owner or the network that the owner has it listed with, they too could sell it to you, but not for $9.99 like any other available name.

Andre107

Level 1
Reaction score
Ok I see that thank you very much both of you. I recognize it is a very newbye mistake not having a good check routine procedure. I'll learn that. On this note, I hope not being off topic too much...
What is a good routine procedure you have when you're going for a domain hunting?

I need to build that.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok I see that thank you very much both of you. I recognize it is a very newbye mistake not having a good check routine procedure. I'll learn that. On this note, I hope not being off topic too much...
What is a good routine procedure you have when you're going for a domain hunting?

I need to build that.
try this https://www.expireddomains.net/deleted-domains/

Andre107

Level 1
Reaction score
@Mr. Deleted thank you very much! I gave a look to this tool and it's amazing!
There is still something that I miss and I would appreciate your help.

As far as I understood there are differente approaches in domaining.
One is buying new domains with purpose of parking - selling or developing and selling.
One is catching dropped/deleted domain (left for different reasons) to do same things metioned above
I was imaging this market oriented only to companies that need domain names for business reasons but there is an entire speculative world of domain traders... just for trading. Am I right?

For a beginner like me what do you suggest to start with and not investing lots of money?
I was thinking to concentrate my efforts on domain like _ servicecity.com like dentistlondon.com- and hoping to find a dentist willing to buy it. This is an example.

Thanks for you patience

JMoore

Reaction score
Finding a domain require quite a bit due diligence. It's like building your shop on the right spot. Of course, these large domain registrars have an expertise on this and when a domain drops they stick a price on it. I while ago, I let a domain drop and I see it selling for $7,000. At the time, I never thought that I could get that much money for it. This may be a way to think and you start finding, keeping and selling them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
like dentistlondon.com
Hi

typically, it's geo location, then service
but rarely will any of the "premium" two-word terms in .com, come on the market.
and when they do, competition is high.

imo...

Andre107

Level 1
Reaction score
Finding a domain require quite a bit due diligence. It's like building your shop on the right spot. Of course, these large domain registrars have an expertise on this and when a domain drops they stick a price on it. I while ago, I let a domain drop and I see it selling for $7,000. At the time, I never thought that I could get that much money for it. This may be a way to think and you start finding, keeping and selling them.
It would be interesting to know if that 7k$ domain has will be sold for or close to that price. And if it's a realistic appraisal...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators