I don't understand some things

• Dear DNForum.com user,

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. As we are based in Gibraltar which is part of the EU and we have customers all over the world we are obligated to follow the new regulation as of May 25, 2018.

Accordingly, although we must request full contact information from each of you so our systems and webpage may continue to function we will restrict processing and data transfers as much as possible. When logged into DNForum.com we will display only your chosen handle and no other specific information unless requested by you. In order to request your specific information be revealed please go into your account settings and check the radio boxes next to the information. By default all information is private.

To cover all aspects of GDPR we have published a new / updated agreement (which includes our terms and privacy policy) that will become effective on May 25, 2018. It may be found at: https://www.dnforum.com/help/terms/

Onward and upwards;

Best DNForum.com

juba

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 1, 2019
France
Hello there,

I recently bought some trash domains I thought were great Princelier.com and Escaladed.com. Regular price with a branding potential if developed, properly. I am now the owner of these two domains. But when I type in Escaladed.com on Godaddy now that it is mine. They tell me it is a premium domain selling for $2k. I didn't put it into an auction and it is not for sale on Godaddy. Are they trying to outsell me?

My other question is about a high volume domain name I found recently (.ORG exact match short keyword with average 18.000 searches per month+ 1$ CPC). It is priced at a regular price, 11$, on Godaddy and it is for sale on Afternic for +400$. I know they are related now but I quite don't understand why are there two different prices. Any explanation?

Thank you.

Youba.

jaydub

DNForum Chef
Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
395   0   0
Jul 1, 2004
Lost in Space
banner
Sometimes domains that were owned before and listed for sale with the platform you mentioned are not removed prior to dropping or deleting and will continue to show as for sale for the price previously posted.
Just contact Afternic and they should remove it for you or let you know which platform to contact to remove the for sale status.

juba

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 1, 2019
France
The domain I was talking about is not mine yet, I found it but I have the intention to buy it. As I am not the owner yet I find not very appropriate to mention it. It is KithenRugs.org and Bathrugs.org. It is fine for me if anyone register then at this point. If anyone is interested they can go for them.

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
The domain I was talking about is not mine yet, I found it but I have the intention to buy it. As I am not the owner yet I find not very appropriate to mention it. It is KithenRugs.org and Bathrugs.org. It is fine for me if anyone register then at this point. If anyone is interested they can go for them.
Hi

those are good keywords, but....i wouldn't buy them in .org.

coincidentally,
couple of years ago, i sold > braided-rugs.com

imo...

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
Also.. A domain may be available to register for 11$ or what ever you pay. But it also might be for sale on Afternic.com on the reseller market.

As said this happens when an old listing is not removed but the old owner when a name expires. So the name becomes available for registration but the reseller market listing is still active. Hence if a name is available to register, then do not buy it on Afternic.

Mr. Deleted

Community Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Jul 24, 2004
Planet Earth
www.slabaugh.org
banner
Once you do get it, open an Afternic account and add it on there with your own price, and they will verify that you own it and replace the previous domain name. But I don't like .orgs for commercial goods.