Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I don't understand some things

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
Hello there,

I recently bought some trash domains I thought were great Princelier.com and Escaladed.com. Regular price with a branding potential if developed, properly. I am now the owner of these two domains. But when I type in Escaladed.com on Godaddy now that it is mine. They tell me it is a premium domain selling for $2k. I didn't put it into an auction and it is not for sale on Godaddy. Are they trying to outsell me?

My other question is about a high volume domain name I found recently (.ORG exact match short keyword with average 18.000 searches per month+ 1$ CPC). It is priced at a regular price, 11$, on Godaddy and it is for sale on Afternic for +400$. I know they are related now but I quite don't understand why are there two different prices. Any explanation?

Thank you.

Youba.

Domain summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes domains that were owned before and listed for sale with the platform you mentioned are not removed prior to dropping or deleting and will continue to show as for sale for the price previously posted.
Just contact Afternic and they should remove it for you or let you know which platform to contact to remove the for sale status.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
prolly old listing, since your name was regged before back in 2011 then dropped and more recently used in 2017

also, no one can give you advice on unknown names

imo...

juba

Level 2
Reaction score
The domain I was talking about is not mine yet, I found it but I have the intention to buy it. As I am not the owner yet I find not very appropriate to mention it. It is KithenRugs.org and Bathrugs.org. It is fine for me if anyone register then at this point. If anyone is interested they can go for them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain I was talking about is not mine yet, I found it but I have the intention to buy it. As I am not the owner yet I find not very appropriate to mention it. It is KithenRugs.org and Bathrugs.org. It is fine for me if anyone register then at this point. If anyone is interested they can go for them.

Hi

those are good keywords, but....i wouldn't buy them in .org.

coincidentally,
couple of years ago, i sold > braided-rugs.com

imo...

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also.. A domain may be available to register for 11$ or what ever you pay. But it also might be for sale on Afternic.com on the reseller market.

As said this happens when an old listing is not removed but the old owner when a name expires. So the name becomes available for registration but the reseller market listing is still active. Hence if a name is available to register, then do not buy it on Afternic.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once you do get it, open an Afternic account and add it on there with your own price, and they will verify that you own it and replace the previous domain name. But I don't like .orgs for commercial goods.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators