Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I got a big offer after 3 days of registration. Is it for real??? (BIG HELP NEEDED)

eckhardt

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first post on dnforum. I am very new to domaining, though I bought 10-20 domains 2 years ago to try it out and eventually dropped them all, since I couldnt sell any (very badly picked btw). I started domaining again recently, watched a lot of domainsherpa interviews and got plenty insights, so I bought 1 domain and posted it on flippa auction for a BIN of $900, hoping to get between $200 and $600 maybe.

But after couple of days I get an email (on my whois mail address) from someone saying they are interested in buying (they didnt see my listing on flippa). I didnt respond immediately, but when I did I sent them the link to my flippa listing.

Now the weird part. He tells me he is a broker and his client wants to make an offer for 5 figures, he tells me he isnt interested in low prices since he gets a commission on the sale. But the only thing he needs from me is to get a domain certification and send it to him.

Now guys I'd really want this to be a real deal. Sounds like winning the lottery, getting a domain for $1 and then after 3 days being offered 5 digits. Other than the obvious fishiness is that he sent me the offer from a gmail address, actually 2 different gmail addresses (2 emails from 2 different gmail addresses) and the fact that he wants that domain certification with a specific company... Makes me think he just wants me to buy a certification for $150 and then disappear.

What do you guys think I should do next? Should I ask him to send me an email through his official email address to see he is a real person? Or did anyone here got similar emails?

Domain summit 2024

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a scam. You'll be given a very high offer, then asked to pay for some bogus certification or appraisal before completion of the deal, for a small amount like $150. They'll be behind the site they direct you to and will steal your $150. You'll never hear from them again. Avoid and ignore.

eckhardt

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced now. One of the scam letters in the link is word for word as what I received, thanks Joey hope the auction goes well too. And thanks accelerator.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators