Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I GOT SCAMED

ChiKaLiO

Reaction score
so i was comparing prices between hosts and suddenly one of them took the domain name ! i didn't pay nor got an email or anything they just got the domain name i need it so bad now :3 any solutions ?

Reaction score
I don't understand. You just decided now you want a domain that was registered 7 months ago?
If I'm understanding correctly you mean you looked it up 7 months ago and, during that lookup, it was registered at one of the registrars you used to look it up? Unfortunately that happens with some registrars (front running) which is why it's never a good idea to look up availability of a domain at any of them - use something like https://www.internic.net/whois.html
There is nothing you can do. You can either try to acquire it by contacting the registrar or you can wait and hope it drops in a few months.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let that be a leason to you.. If you find a name you want and its available; spend the 10$, dont wait. In 7 months 100s of others could have gotten the same idea or thought the same ideas as you.

Enerika

I'M ALL EARS... "FINALLY (thanks)!"
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just because you check the availability of a domain doesn't give you any rights of ownership ...others have learned this and may even have started out with the same misconception ...now they are FASTER! Sorry, you had to learn the hard way, though.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
so i was comparing prices between hosts and suddenly one of them took the domain name ! i didn't pay nor got an email or anything they just got the domain name i need it so bad now :3 any solutions ?

I can't tell you how many times I had a domain in my shopping basket, was called away from the computer and when I came back the domain was gone. With millions of people hand registering that is going to happen.

HeHe.... I think @Enerika might have snatched a few out of people baskets lately ;)

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I had a domain in my shopping basket, was called away from the computer and when I came back the domain was gone. With millions of people hand registering that is going to happen.

HeHe.... I think @Enerika might have snatched a few out of people baskets lately ;)
HeHe..
...wellllll, Let's just see about that...!!! He He Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HeHe..
...wellllll, Let's just see about that...!!! He He Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously now, is there a way of checking that out? ... because if it were to happen, or had happened already, SURELY 'twas TOTALLY UN-intentional.
Don't go and start getting me all feeling awful or paranoid about stuff I have no control over, or intention of, doing

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seriously now, is there a way of checking that out? ... because if it were to happen, or had happened already, SURELY 'twas TOTALLY UN-intentional.
Don't go and start getting me all feeling awful or paranoid about stuff I have no control over, or intention of, doing. Not winking! I love the sarcastic humour, though!

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yes, shhhh...(don't tell anyone, but I work undercover part time at "...") HeHe

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom