• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I handregged a non-TM insurance domain that receives 97 uniques a day...Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
1,386
Reaction score
14
This week I handregged a non-TM insurance domain that receives 97 uniques a day with 26 click thrus..and I earn a ridiculous $2.74 each day (9.5 cents per click). I also own 4 variations of this domain and these receive 90 uniques per day with 19 click-thrus.

I've used Sedo for 7 years and their payouts per click have significantly dropped.

Historically, insurance domains used to payout $.20 to $2.00 per click. With Sedo, it seems like the more traffic a domain receives, the less payout per click a person will earn.

Question:

Generally, what would a payout per click yield thru NameDrive or Parked for a Property Insurance domain?

Thank you for your advice.

Michael
 
I would be looking to make the most of the traffic by developing it.
 
I think you need to test these at other parking sites, 10 cents per click seems very low.
 
nice Michael!

handregged huh?...these names were just sitting there??

i would also look to develop...why split any of the $$ with the parking cos??
 
im so curious what the name is. i love hearing stories like this.
 
why do you guys keep parking at sedo? You do know that they do not pay for more than one click per person per day....

If it's US traffic, go with Yahoo feeds(parked, active audience, trafficz, goldkey - or hitfarm if you have massive traffic), they seem to have the highest RPMs.

nice Michael!

handregged huh?...these names were just sitting there??

i would also look to develop...why split any of the $$ with the parking cos??

landing pages usually have a higher click through than websites build for PPC - so he might not see any difference or, he might see a decrease if he decides to setup an adsense page
 
landing pages usually have a higher click through than websites build for PPC - so he might not see any difference or, he might see a decrease if he decides to setup an adsense page

Building a site will get more repeat traffic and generate more search engine traffic, so there is every reason for development. And by the looks of things, the existing parking provider isn't paying more then what you would otherwise get anyway.
 
I agree with you, I was referring to mini sites, they are not likely to get any recurring visitors, if he develops it into something better hough with unique an useful content then development is the best way.

If he has no intention of doing that then I suggest he signs up with another parking company
 
Forget about Sedo Parking. My observation is - more traffic you get the lower PPC goes. Sometimes - down to nothing (from $0.60 to $0.002!).
petrosc is right if first click is .20 the second for the same name is .04 - so you are allowed one click per day.
I went from sedo to TZ - 10x increase in revenues
than I went from TZ to Fab - 4x increase

Now I trust Fab but I'm testing others too; resigned from AA now testing Parked.
 
This week I handregged a non-TM insurance domain that receives 97 uniques a day with 26 click thrus..and I earn a ridiculous $2.74 each day (9.5 cents per click). I also own 4 variations of this domain and these receive 90 uniques per day with 19 click-thrus.

I've used Sedo for 7 years and their payouts per click have significantly dropped.

Historically, insurance domains used to payout $.20 to $2.00 per click. With Sedo, it seems like the more traffic a domain receives, the less payout per click a person will earn.

Question:

Generally, what would a payout per click yield thru NameDrive or Parked for a Property Insurance domain?

Thank you for your advice.

Michael

Hi

I've had some $1.00 and up clicks for insurance related names at Sedo and DomainSponsor.

Also have a "4 word geo property" domain at Sedo that pays $1.24 a click, but only gets a couple of hits per month.

One insurance name at DS made $8.00 for one click, though I doubt that future clicks will pay that much.
But I really think it depends on the visitor and what particular link they click thru on.

I also agree that the more clicks a domain gets, the lower the ppc will be, but it's mostly when you have more than "one" of the same type of "keyword" domains. For instance, I had a "mobile" keyword domain that was getting around $0.54 per click. Soon as I add another mobile name, the first domains ppc drops to $0.25 > $0.30 per click and the new domain pays $0.24 per click.

Recently, a "home loan" related name I have paid $4.00 a click at ND, but those are rare.

Then I had a "credit card' related name at ND, which only paid $0.20 a click, I moved it to parkingpanel and it now makes $0.75 to $1.26 a click. It was first at Sedo and didn't do well at all.

Then I had an "automotive" related name at DS for the last 3 years where it was making about $15.00 a month, moved it to parkingpanel and rev doubled.

So now after that you're thinking....move more to PP, but I tried some that where at Sedo and moved them to PP. They did worst, so I moved them back.

In essence, it still seems that there is no ONE BEST place for a particular name.... except at Fabulous for "poker/casino" names! ;)

Good Luck!
 
I thank everyone for sharing their advice.

Petro,

A HUGE "thank you" to you.

WOW!!!

$2.74 each day with Sedo for this domain. Yesterday I earned $33.32 thru Parked.com Now I will put all 500 domains I own thru Parked.com

Much Appreciation.

Also, I received 7 PMs from people wondering what domain is it. I will reveal the domain after I'm finished "tasting" a few variations of the domain.

Cheers,

Michael
 
Good on you mate. What an inspiring thread!
 
I'm glad it has worked out well for you Michael:)
Cheers
 
WOW!!!

$2.74 each day with Sedo for this domain. Yesterday I earned $33.32 thru Parked.com Now I will put all 500 domains I own thru Parked.com


Cheers,

Michael

We keep telling everyone! parked.com BLOWS sedo away 10 fold. Good choice dude! Donny will appreciate the business I am sure ;)
 
these are sweet numbers man;)

that is high RPM - is that all US traffic?
 
Yup, mostly usa traffic & mostly travel, ticket, resorts, crusies and finance/bank related domains..you have to focus on the big industries..stay away from gamer traffic and proxy traffic and all that nonsense if you want to make real money.
 
Way to go Michael!!

What a huge difference!

ps- waiting to hear domain name...:)

Focus - How many sites parked are those #'s based off??

1000?
2000?
more/less?

Way to go Michael!!

What a huge difference!

ps- waiting to hear domain name...:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom