Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I have around 5k domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkellerman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would try parking them at a Yahoo publisher (TrafficZ or Parked) for a couple of weeks, then at a Google parking company (maybe Namedrive, since they give you details of what users were searching for when they visited your domains. I would also appriase them all with Estibot.

Then put all the results into a big spreadsheet and work out what to do with all of them.

napa

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Park them first and see if any of them get traffic, if some do develop them, SEO and do some link building etc.
If you are not able or have time to do this let somebody else do it, surely $10K wasn't all the money you have put aside for this business?

maris

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks all pll for help

p.s: psl dont PM me if u want to buy or xchange..

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check my siggy for the best parking program around :cool:
traffic test them first, then analyse names and traffic. try to shift some, then develop best

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very tough to manage, develop and monetize large portfolios like yours, especially with ppc declining combined with increasing renewal fees. You should probably reduce the size significantly.

Last year I had 3,400 but letting lots of them expire with about 2,100 now marked for auto-renew. Only keeping the ones which at least earn near reg fee or have other attributes such as traffic or owning the com and the other tld's taken, etc.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I too would be interested to know where you purchased 5,000 domains for two years for $10k? That's $1 a year.

hittjw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems the trend (induced by higher registration fees and lower parking revenue) is to run fewer domains of higher quality. With fewer domains you can hire a developer and content producer to create mini-niche-sites around various revenue models. Plus, developed domains sell for more.

Even a billion dollar company I worked for only had 3,800 domains, most of which linked back to their core content (and application) sites. They have all the same problems I had managing 300+ domains. You'll still need to pay between $6-9 for renewals, even in huge volumes.

Like stocks, each domain must grow the portfolio or it needs to find another home. Good luck with your 5,000, meanwhile, I'm selling off the bottom of my portfolio (about 38 domains right now) if anyone is interested.

Best,

Justin

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could try whypark.com

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only keeping the ones which at least earn near reg fee or have other attributes such as traffic or owning the com and the other tld's taken, etc.

Exactly. & Great advice contained in this thread from our seasoned members.

FYI, I also own a similar number of names, all parked, and I treat my names strictly as investments for PPC revenue. Managing the vast number of names has not been a problem for me; I let the non-earners drop and am constantly registering new names (per my own criteria w/proper metrics). It's all about revenue (PPC cash flow for me).

Best of luck with your portfolio.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. & Great advice contained in this thread from our seasoned members.

FYI, I also own a similar number of names, all parked, and I treat my names strictly as investments for PPC revenue. Managing the vast number of names has not been a problem for me; I let the non-earners drop and am constantly registering new names (per my own criteria w/proper metrics). It's all about revenue (PPC cash flow for me).

Best of luck with your portfolio.

Hey Craig, nice to see you around.

Craig is an excellent example of a person who came late in the game(what was it...2 years ago?) and by following advice found here and there in the forum he started hand registering names and now has a portfolio that makes a substantial revenue

sng

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would suggest to park your domains, then list a few of them at DNforum for sale. I'm sure people are willing to pay at lease reg fee for some of your domains.

I agree with everyone 5k is a lot of domains to handle, use some sort of Analytics program to monitor your sites. Keep the ones that have traffic and sell the one that doesn't.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would rather had couple of nice domains over 5k domains which had costed you about I guess 15K USD....

Good luck, you can try Trafficz.com for parking, its nice.

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Estibot, as any other value appraising system, reflects the viewpoints of the software maker only.
Sellers know what it's worth for them.
Buyers know what it's worth for them.
3rd party appraisals are just opinions.

I have a couple hundred and Im `bout 2 go crazy.

Why dont you do this: Develop some of the domains and redirect the rest of them to this developed domains.

That's the way to do it!

I've just bought 5,000 bricks - any tips on building a house?

We can PM an idea for just $1/brick!
Mention "bricks" to get a 10% discount.
Get a scientific appraisal by an expert.
Just $35.00 until midnight today.
Why we are the best?
We sell more appraisals than bricks.
;-) ...

No kidding:
What's the main target?
End users = Big money?
Resellers = A bit here and there.
Advertising = Even less.
Business takes effort, investment, common sense and luck.
Probably nobody ever types in again a url that goes to a parked page.
The next registrant may be in trouble.

Thumb rule: Add Value - Develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators