Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I love this story....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The eñe character (ñ) is so characteristic of the Spanish language that it could almost be said to stand for Español.
However, for one Venezuelan youth, the eñe could soon stand for millionaire - but only if a certain technological hurdle falls first.
get the whole story:
http://www.registercentre.com/news.html?newsid=82

reads like a pr press release for accurate domains moreso than anything grounded in reality.

Originally posted by safesys
reads like a pr press release for accurate domains moreso than anything grounded in reality.

Have you checked out Accurate's site? Money-back guaranteed appraisals!

;)

Miles

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
money back ?

betwween this story and accurate.....?
I don't get it...then again there is a lot of stuff I don't get ...my wife tells me " I live in a different Dimension..."
They must have a heck of a PR dept...this story was featured in CNN en espanyol...

This bit in the story:

These domain names might just make Rufi a millionaire - or close
to it, said Cody Mecklenburg, president of the domain appraisal company Accurate Domains.

He puts España.com's value at $350,000 and Español.com's at $425,000, with both figures likely to increase.

"Español.com is valued higher because while España.com will most likely be limited to Spain, Español.com can be used by all Spanish speaking countries," he said.

I bet accurate domains see a spike in their revenue as a result of this as the figures are so high and people like to feel rich on paper with worthless ego stroke appraisals that they have paid for.

anticipated domain value stories never make the news unless there is an ulterior motive (unlike actual large scale domain sales which are genuinely newsworthy in their own right).

...what I really like about this story was the kid's story and ingenuity (is that a word?) no so mcuh the value of the names, if you think about it : How many keyboards are bilingual? and able to use that special caracther?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom