• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I need some advice - My name was used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the advice. I spoke with a lawyer and she told me to not discuss in a forum.
 
Last edited:
Do they have a TM and when was it approved?
 
There are some good lawyers that belong to this forum. You'd probably have to start with a "cease and desist" notice and go from there. It really depends on what your goal here is.

Discuss the timing of your actions with whatever attorney you hire. It sounds like you have some solid grounds. These guys never contacted you previously? Not having a "registered" trademark does not mean you don't have a trademark.
 
Sounds like you had better talk to a trademark attorney.

Edit: Rick's post (above) tied with mine. I second what he's posted.
 
No TM.

You registered the name long before the TM.

I'm assuming it is something non-generic and you're using it not relevant to the game (other than it's a game).

I think you're pretty safe but I AM NOT A LAWYER. You may want to at least have a talk with one over this.

Why bother with the C&D? I'd say as long as you play it safe - watch the traffic roll in!
 
I am aware of this case, and I think this is a total knock off, sure would be nice if you had the TM but there is no doubt about it you were knocked off and it was known at the time. The fact you don't have a TM is valid but not totally since you were the first person to be using it and they have not only just added a hyphen to copy your name they knocked off the idea too or at least came as close as you can... way too close to accept.

This is a total bad faith rip off of an idea and name knock off by just adding a - LOL plus they regged the .co.uk extension same as your name without the hyphen.

When the regged the name they would have know about your site and idea. buzz me if you need my help.
 
Good move kam. Important in this business to understand a trademark does not have to be registered to be valid; sounds like kam may have one.

Good luck!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom