Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I Need Your Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anothernewbie

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am currently trying to move several domains from Network Solutions and Name Bargain to Go Daddy.

It's been a couple days only, but I'm starting to get nervous cause I see both Network Solutions and Name Bargain unwilling to provide autorization codes for the transfer.

From what I've read on the forum, I understand that this may be a big headache which makes me even more nervous.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Did someone recently moved domains from either Network Solutions or Name Bargain to Go Daddy? How long did it take? How easy was it? What were the steps of this process?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. Domains that I'm trying to move away are .infos. Not sure if this matters, but just in case....

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear Sir,

Why not transfer to eNom via its reseller. There is a lot of members here willing to help you.

The advantage of using eNom is that your credit card will not be billed if the transfer is not successful.

As I know Daddy's required payment in advance.

Best regards

PrimeDNR

Originally posted by PrimeDNR
Dear Sir,

Why not transfer to eNom via its reseller. There is a lot of members here willing to help you.

The advantage of using eNom is that your credit card will not be billed if the transfer is not successful.

As I know Daddy's required payment in advance.

Best regards

PrimeDNR

I don't think that's what he was asking......:D

Anyway, I have transferred name to Go Daddy and had a hard time getting auth codes from Verisign. Working with Tony Pham there (he gives the auth codes) has been like working with ICANN...nothing happens. Try emailing him and his boss, [email protected] [email protected]; [email protected].

It's unfortunate but sometimes we have to take matters in our own hands and bug the crap out of these people. Good luck to you.....If you keep having trouble I might consider writing to Bob Parsons the president of Go Daddy, he'll get Versign to move.

To Add to Primes suggestion, Go Daddy has a no risk transfer policy. If Verisly screws up and fails the transfer for one pathetic reason or another they'll refund and submit for you again.

anothernewbie

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
An update: Finally got auth-transfer codes from Name Bargain, but the situation with Network Solutions/Verisign looks like a serious problem.....

Cu buffs, thank you - I will follow your advice.

Seems like I'm not the only person who experiences such a problem

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5206

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anothernewbie said:

“the situation with Network Solutions/Verisign looks like a serious problem.....” …

”Seems like I'm not the only person who experiences such a problem”

Hi and thanks to linking to my tread from your post. The 09/10/02 update is that as of today, my auth-info codes have NOT been received from Verisign.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Good luck.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure your names are not past expiration date. I have transferred some names from Network Solutions to namebargain
and never had a problem.

anothernewbie

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

After an unbelievable hassle and emailing people mentioned by cu_buffs (thank you!!), I have finally received the auth-info codes.

Still, I can't transfer the domains. The transfer was initiated by Go Daddy several times and failed.

I can't get the explanation from Verisign and Name Bargain why they keep rejecting the transfer. They refer me to FAQs, say "your email was directed to another department for further research", etc. Thay simply do NOT tell me the reason.

Don't you think something is terribly wrong with this system?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sue them i say.

anothernewbie

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their advice.

The transfer is finally complete.

Still, you won't believe how much time and effort it cost me.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congradulations!

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Best wishes

PrimeDNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom