Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal I think I am being scammed what do I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, Kong707 basicallt me and him did a deal 7 llll.com domains for 417 dollars I sent him the money and no response so I put a hold on the money on paypal and opened a resolution. What else can I do? Please help me. I really want the domain names but if I can't get them then I would atleast want my money back.

Pharaoh

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If the seller has not yet transferred the domains to you Paypal should refund your money. If the domains have been transferred then there is NO way you will get your money back as Paypal does not provide refunds for domain purchases.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately paypal scammers don't let the funds sit around in the account you sent it to long enough for you to be able to retrieve it. Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones.

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
crap! i just bought a domain from him and just paid him $74, wish i saw this post sooner, but maybe he will give me my domain. Ill just wait and see.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think you guys are safe. Unless his name was stolen both here and namepros. ddaybofb how did the transaction go there with him yesterday?

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, he transferred my domain quickly, hes trustworthy :)

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BTW they seem to have tracked down the scammer. Every thing points towards some guy name Mehboob in Texas. He was dumb enough to put his whois on some of the names.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, Kong707 basicallt me and him did a deal 7 llll.com domains for 417 dollars I sent him the money and no response so I put a hold on the money on paypal and opened a resolution. What else can I do? Please help me. I really want the domain names but if I can't get them then I would atleast want my money back.

If you don't know the seller
1) use escrow.com
2) break the sale up into (7) +-$60 transactions.
Do one deal at a time, then get the name pushed to you.

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, lets hope I get my domain names. Im still waiting I got some replys in pms today but yet no domains.

He said take the hold off the money and he will send.. I am going to take the hold off. Also it's been 48 hours. hmmm wish me luck or I am going to be extremly broke.

Acually, it says if I take the sipute off well the I can never make a claim

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
? i didn't get it ~ do you communicate?

what reason he provides for not pushing the names to you?

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
He said he's been at work. I dont know he said he is sending the domain names now... I have my fingers crossed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I wonder why all recent scams involve LLLL .com domains?

kong707

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not a scammer . MR17 , you send me many many PMs . And I was out to work. I just do not reply you within 24 hours but you send me 10 PMs. You have to be more patient . I have my job to do and 24 hours waiting is not so long.

I have pushed domains to you already . Hope I will see some apologies in this thread soon.

ezguy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
always use escrow.com that is what i do even if it less $ I learnt lesson the hard way :(

Vutos

TheDomainingBlog.com
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domains finally recieved. thanks kong707. I can also prove it has been 48 hours or more ;) Please close thread as. I misunderstood what was going on. Thank you for your help everyone

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a waste of spaceand forum space. For F's sake, you have to give someone at leastm a week before you start worrying and at least 2 weeks before you consider calling them a scammer ,but this twat waited only 48 hours max !!

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators