• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed IAB.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan0124

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
see IAB.com auction ended for $67,250 on SnapNames,

its a PR6 domain with Alexa Traffic Rank: 414947 and over 2k backlinks,

what u guys think this domain worth?
 
do you own this domain?
 
I'd also like to know if you own this...

..and if you do..why on earth would you pay that price?
 
Are you the owner of this name? You may not post an appraisal request unless you own the name.
-Bob
 
domain at snapnames:

Registrant:
Pending Renewal or Deletion
P.O. Box 430
Herndon, VA. US 20172-0447


Domain Name: IAB.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Pending Renewal or Deletion
P.O. Box 430
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
US
570-708-8786
 
the price looks like LL.com range not LLL.com.
Something is fishy.
 
derelict_boy won the domain at SNAP yesterday for that $67,250

Unless you are he, you aren't allowed to post an appraisal.

However, a thread such as "wow, iab.com sold for $67,250!!! Can you believe that?" would be just fine.

I expect the mods to shut this down momentarily... but for the record... I can't believe it went for that. Rediculous price.

That't the beauty of SNAP thought... LOTS of rediculous bidders.

Too bad they aren't OUR domains. :(

GoPC
 
the price looks like LL.com range not LLL.com.
Something is fishy.

LL.com is $xxx,xxx range, not mid $xx,xxx range. This has an OVT w/ext of 158. Not too many LLL.com names drop on Snap, and Snap auctions always seem to be higher than the marketplace. People trust Snap more than most individual owners/sellers. The price doesn't seem out of the ordinary for a Snap auction.
 
hehe, Snap's Crazy Bidders! $67K! Unbeliveable!
I think it worth $25-30K
 
Don't forget IAB is the nickname of "Interactive Brokers", a major online broker...
 
So... was it purchased specifically to infringe on a trademark then? ;)

lol...

GoPC
 
Bonkers helped this thing get inflated as usual, he's been on a spree purchasing these LLL/NNN/CCC names at snapnames, not that he was the only one though but I believe he always makes people go higher since he is constantly winning these auctions at Snap, I think it was a case of a great set of LLL and people just not wanting to let him take it.
I really think they way Snap does the auctions makes it almost game-like compared to the other drop/auction sites.
 
Bonkers helped this thing get inflated as usual, he's been on a spree purchasing these LLL/NNN/CCC names at snapnames, not that he was the only one though but I believe he always makes people go higher since he is constantly winning these auctions at Snap, I think it was a case of a great set of LLL and people just not wanting to let him take it.
I really think they way Snap does the auctions makes it almost game-like compared to the other drop/auction sites.
Inflated? People pay for these domains with cash - real money - if bonkers bid, then someone outbid him, then that's the value of the domain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom