Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Icann 3 year policy statement on domain names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe these new domain extentions will be good for countries. Your average internet user probably does not know more then 2% of the worlds extension abbreviations but do know country names.

I will also have to guess that these new extentions will have top priority in search engines too.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100k is chump change to mid-size and large corporations who will want their brand as a tld, i.e. coke so instead of typing in www.coke.com I believe www.coke or even just plain Coke will resolve!

That is worth millions of dollars to big business and should be immensely popular and also may result in eventual significant traffic declines to other extensions :worried:

It'll be a flop.

They will cost $100k+. The good ones are going to get auctioned and no one will want the others...sort of like .mobi.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100k is chump change to mid-size and large corporations who will want their brand as a tld, i.e. coke so instead of typing in www.coke.com I believe www.coke or even just plain Coke will resolve!

That is worth millions of dollars to big business and should be immensely popular and also may result in eventual significant traffic declines to other extensions :worried:

Large corporations are mostly satisfied with their already-branded .coms. Alternate extensions would just add more confusion to the masses of non-Internet saavy users. To most corporations, policing domains for infringements, it would only add to their annoyance and costs. And it would increase the value of .com domains. Anyway, there is not a shortage of good .com domains - only a shortage of end users willing to pay aftermarket prices for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom