Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ICANN needs guidelines on changing the ownership of a domain name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is it that some registrars can offer an automated change of ownership at no cost and then you have some registrars that are still living in the 90s. My recent run in with a deadbeat registrar is with Domainz.net.nz. Their standard change of ownership requires a 2 page form to be filled out by both the buyer and seller, then faxed back to them, a fee of $35 is assessed then it will take 2-5 (business days) days for the domain name to get into your account. I paid for the express option which warrants a $75 charge and up to 24 hours (business hours) for the domain to be in my account.

So I printed, scanned, emailed the docs to the seller on Friday (NZ time), they filled them out and faxed them to Domainz right at the close of business on Friday, so then comes Mon (NZ time), I call and they say it will get done today (Mon their time), and would you know it, at 1pm here it will be 8 am tuesday there and still no word. This is ludacris!

With todays technology there should be no reason that internal pushes arent automatic and free of charge. Are there or will there ever be guidelines/rules stating how long it should take and how much they should charge?

ALL INPUT IS APPRECIATED!

Domain Summit 2024

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like any bureacracy, action is never swift.

By the time the painstakingly slow process can be navigated, the former problem is no longer profitable, having been completely exploited by early adopters.

We gave up with ICANN many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom