Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed idle (dot) com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's time there were such credentials out there. Domaining is a recognised profession now, with its own special skills, so surely it should be possible to get training and official recognition as an appraiser in much the same way as people working for antiques and art auction houses can.
I understand what you are saying.

But, if you look at even at the big auction houses, their appraisals are given as a fair market value. Many times the prices skyrocket above the appraised price - or far below.

Most noted antiques/art appraisers have decades of study, curators, etc to become qualified as appraisers. I am not a licensed appraiser (and don't want to be) but I have over 30 years of experience dealing with Southern Furniture, Primitives, Pottery, Art and Prints. I have restored two houses (and will not do any more) and currently living in an 1840's house filled with antiques, art, pottery, furniture, etc. Basically, I have people all the time asking me for valuations and I am glad to oblige but my appraisals are not certified for insurance purposes. I love antique handmade furniture and the craftsmanship involved. The older the better.

For Domain Names, the same principle needs to apply - a fair market appraisal.

I think domainers in general need to totally ignore the reseller price concept. That is not (and should not be) the goal of domain investing and sales. You do not see Sotheby's, Christies, Skinner and others posting a suggested fair market appraisal along with a dealer's price.

Still, there are too many factors involved with domains, being the fact that irregardless of extension - there is only one. That scarcity (along with extension) is the strongest determining factor.

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about a site for people that currently are "idle" - not meaning that they dont want to work but maybe they dont like to work or be employed and prefer self fulfilling occupations:
"I Dont Like Employment"

Could be a job site similar to Monster but only pertaining to new job opportunities for entrepreneurs, maybe ways to start your own business

As far as the domain is considered, I would say between 5k - 7.5k reseller and obvious XX,XXX for a motivated end user...i would hold for a five figure offer

cerno

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently there are a lot of idle minds on the internet, if you search for "idle", one of the related searches Google offers is "american idle"

This would seem to confirm the current traffic is probably typos looking for idol.

I was surprised not to see "car idle" or anything related to automobiles.

The website could be used for an automobile or other purpose, but not advertising on the word "idle" alone given the search figures

The name is great but it has some challenges which make the intrinsic value low, potential 5 figure value as a brand down the road is possible, but speculative

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the name, xx,xxx. When I heard it, I thought, Idle.com (commercial) cut to somebody sleeping in the most comfortable chair, sofa, bed or idle, act of doing nothing = relaxing vacation. Something job related. All sorts of possibilities. In the right marketing hands, you could make it work.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A domain evaluation should not be based on how many other similar domains exist, however if you feel so inclined there are more than 2,000 domains that start with "idle" according to ZFBot.com

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A domain evaluation should not be based on how many other similar domains exist, however if you feel so inclined there are more than 2,000 domains that start with "idle" according to ZFBot.com

Zfbot.com = awesome tool :) Thanks!

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

wael

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I disagree with those valuing it at $10,000 +. The problem is that the word carries a negative connotation, and no company is going to build their brand around a domain that basically insults its users by calling them lazy. I'd say $x,xxx.

But you know what, it might have a different meaning in another language, and might be an important acronym in some languages. Could be worth looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators