Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

IDN parking options

Status
Not open for further replies.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do any other parking programs besides NameDrive display native characters (i.e. unicode) as the parking page's title?

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vtrader said:
Do any other parking programs besides NameDrive display native characters (i.e. unicode) as the parking page's title?

Sedo does. At least for the kind of domains I park there.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hookah said:
Sedo does. At least for the kind of domains I park there.

Thanks. I take it those are latin character IDN.

Sedo is one of the worst options for parking non-latin script IDN. What is the logic of having to enter Japanese IDN into a sedo.cn which is entirely in Chinese?

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namedrive does not accept all IDNs, neither Sedo. I've been unsuccessful in adding eastern-european IDNs (not russian). Only Afternic accepted them.

Sedo is one of the worst options for parking non-latin script IDN. What is the logic of having to enter Japanese IDN into a sedo.cn which is entirely in Chinese?

Chinese Sedo is devoted for Chinese domains mostly I guess. Why to park Japanese domains there? I'd go somewhere else with them.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience successfully parking Chinese IDNs?

I tried Sedo but no joy. Regardless of revenue, I am just looking to track traffic atm so it doesn't matter pay out, just as long as Chinese IDNs are accepted for parking.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The answer is in the post right before yours.

Chinese traffic is massive. I don't care about the revenue either (tiny) -- but revel in the type-in traffic all from within China.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the restrictions?

That is, I have 4-5 Chinese IDNs which I am guessing will have some traffic, but not heaps, so can I still sign up to silverclicks.com?

...it eludes to something about 1000 uniques a day - I am no where near that.

Any insights? Do you think I can still sign up through their website with the few names I have without any grief?

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're not IDN exclusive, so if you have ASCII domains, list those as well. I don't think they're all that strict about the 1000 uniques if you make an effort to show them what you have.

Viewers outside China see a domainsponsor lander and those inside China see a Chinese lander.

Joey39

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
silverclicks.com.cn is ok.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
English Interface is dopa.com.

Generally a quick answer to their questionaire is all that is required. If you have been able to park your Chinese Domains before then you answer is only a guess. There is no follow up, as far as I am aware.

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how does DS manage with IDN?
thanks!

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi! Good news, everyone!

As of today, you can successfully park your IDN domains with Sedo!

I urge you to try it out!

Brad
[email protected]

I'm not sure what 'successfully' means...

- Do you resolve punycode into unicode titles?

- Do you serve native ads -- if so, for which markets?

- Are your parking pages blocked to mainland Chinese traffic?

- Can you show us a sample latin and non-latin IDN parking page?

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been here before. We've been kept dangling on a string so many times before. I even tried to use you for Escrow only to be mucked around for week until you decided that your system couldn't handle it and there was no manual work around.

I will go back to Sedo, when and only when other IDNers that I respect and trust, tell me that I would be fool not to!

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
Been here before. We've been kept dangling on a string so many times before. I even tried to use you for Escrow only to be mucked around for week until you decided that your system couldn't handle it and there was no manual work around.

I will go back to Sedo, when and only when other IDNers that I respect and trust, tell me that I would be fool not to!

Agreed RD.

Ed and Namedrive have been on the vanguard of IDN parking development. Ed has taken the time to hear our requests, understand them, put plans into motion and execute.

We're all in this to profit, but I sense we also have some loyalty after all the hard work.

There would have to be some serious incentive for most large IDN portfolio holders to consider moving.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo has joined our other little forum awhile back and has yet to discuss anything with us. Our group probably owns 90%+ of all the IDNs for resale, yet we still have heard nothing. Namedrive has continously come there and discussed their plans, implementation, and monetization.

Even when the tempers flair from the anxious waiting and accusations were made ect. ect. Namedrive has continued talking to us. Sedo has avoided simple questions and left us hanging in the lurch.

Sedo comes here first to announce that they can now park IDN. WOW. Congrats Sedo. Good Job. You've got a lot of catching up to do. Your missing the majority of IDNers.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi! Good news, everyone!

As of today, you can successfully park your IDN domains with Sedo!

I urge you to try it out!

Brad
[email protected]

As has been mentioned, you never took the time to address any questions or concerns that were on our other forum. I wonder why?

ND (aka Ed) have been consistent with their updates, answered difficult questions that were put to them, kept us updated on new features, the list goes on...

SEDO never piped up even once.

As has also been mentioned, the majority of IDN holders are on IDN forums, a large percentage of them anyway and the fact you guys ignored all and any concerns and queries speaks volumes...

I can say with some confidence that the majority of IDN holders will stick with what they know (read ND) for all the effort they have put in to this.

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, you can park, but can't sell?

"At present it is not possible to list this domain for sale on Sedo. The domain contains characters which, although recognised by our domain parking program, are not yet supported within our bidding system."

I thought I'd try one of my names on Sedo, jut to get a feel for the interface, etc. I got this info in return when I added my domain, after I clicked on an info link next to the price field.

The domain is メキシコホテル.com.

I will stick with ND.

ALGDomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Sedo has joined our other little forum awhile back and has yet to discuss anything with us....QUOTE]

I'm new here and looking to learn more about parking IDNs, can you share what other forum or thread your referencing above?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener