Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

If I distribute a 1000 flyers for Dish Network does 10 sales sound reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The leaflets that have convinced me to do something caught my attention, loud colours seem to do it for me.

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1% is good. Opted-in and targeted email campaigns yield about 1.5%.

where can I find more information on targeted email campaigns?
(I'm going to start searching google but I figured you might be able to provide additional advice)

have a good looking chic in high heels and short skirt pass your flyers. then watch your signups skyrocket.

try this fast. even in steamy dallas it can get chilly this time of the year.

Where would be a good place for her to distribute flyers? downtown? I can't think of many neighborhoods where this would be appropriate.

paymaster7

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being an old hand at flyers/fliers and mailers, let me tell you some highly pessimistic news... At this point people get so many of them that they're not worth the paper they're printed on. If you send out 1,000, the absolute best you can hope for, unless they're wildly targeted, is 1-2 sales. Chances are, that one or two sales, if they happen, will come a bit down the road as well...

As far as the hot chick idea - it's not worth it either. Men will certainly admire the flyer passer outer and possibly be more likely to take a flier... but taking it and signing up are two completely different things.

acegoet

Platinum Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Part of my day job is dealing with clients and direct mail. A .05% response or lower of a post card should be expected. Actually, even with a really good offer a sampling of 1000 is not statistacially significant enough to be a good test.

10 is extremely optimistic

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received my flyers from my affiliate but I don't know if I should distribute them.

They changed their design on their new flyers they have added their website address which says, "Order online 24 hrs. 7 days a week at www.xxxxxx.com" (I'm not saying the website since I don't want to spam or give the affiliate a bad name). They now have my promo code on the back, but they still have a phone number on the front without mentioning a promo code.

If a customer goes to the website to order, it doesn't ask them for the promo code on the flyer it automatically uses the affiliates promo code.

Should I print some ink jet labels and cover that part up with my web address? They have their web address on their twice, so I have to cover up another part which is a whole paragraph which has details on a free offer and to check their website for more information.

I don't want the flyer to look unprofessional covering up 2 of their web addresses then adding another label which has my promo code.

My next option is to discard these flyers and get door hangers printed, I can get 5000 printed, designed and distributed for $700. I know most people have said it isn't worth distributing flyers, but with my budget this is my only option.

or maybe if I print them with an inkjet on glossy paper it might not look that bad?

Thanks

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the website would not ask for the promo code. PM me the address and your promo code, and I'll check it out.

Also, have you tried calling the 800 number to see if the operators are trained to request the promo code?

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the website would not ask for the promo code. PM me the address and your promo code, and I'll check it out.

Also, have you tried calling the 800 number to see if the operators are trained to request the promo code?

PM sent

ryanmlanane

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mail out in the paper weekly, full page ad - it goes out to 27,000 households.

I get 2-5 sales ... Varies week to week, consistency is key. The long I keep hitting it the more the sales grow.

As far as just dropping off fliers ? You better be able to sell, know the product, and be prepared to answer questions you most likely don't know.

Just dropping off fliers and hoping for a sale, optimistically 1/1000 especially if you don't know how to field the calls.

If you are a good rep, knock, and leave it in their hands - 30 + / 1000

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why respond to a 5 year old thread?

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Last Activity
05-06-2007 04:15 PM

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Response to most direct mail advertising campaigns is in the 1%-3% range, and that's with mail that is addressed to a household and so usually makes it into the home. Whether it's opened is another story. Flyers would typically be below 1%.

So what you got is good if 10% ordered the service.

Adam

ryanmlanane

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was searching and didn't see the time stamp ... 1-3 % on even loose inserts sounds pretty high to me, however I am not good at Copy Writing - and using pre made DTV Ads that are limited to being personalized. Last person quoted me - $.02 per loose leaf insert too ... Adam, just curious - what product are you selling with those kind of numbers ? Satellite ? If so please drop me a PM would love to talk !

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you want to make money with dish or direct tv, rent a table at a Uhaul.
You get partial commission for getting someone to sign up even if they already have dish or direct tv.
Plus everyone moving will need to watch something, good time to convince them to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators