Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

If this is you, YOU'RE BUSTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...075480157&category0=&submitSearch=Search&fvi=

I would hate to think that this is a legitimate domainer or a forum member. But if it is a forum member, sorry...YOU'RE SO BUSTED! :nono:

Here is my post to ebay.
-----------------------------------------------------------

To: eBay Customer Support
Subject: You suspect that a listing is fraudulent you didn't bid
Enter item number(s): 190075480157

Seller is supposedly auctioning off the domain name DRINK.COM but this is not true. The seller is auctioning off DRLNK.COM but made the letter "i" a lower case letter "l" to appear as if it was the word DRINK.com.

The seller time and time again claims that the word is drink but tries to decieve by saying, "(Exactly as written above)
This is NOT a dynamic name, it is the actual domain: DRlNK.COM".

The seller presumes that by stating "Exactly as written above" would release him from all liability, wrongdoing, and fraud.

The seller is listed in the WHOIS directory:

DRLNK.COM

Services from Network Solutions:

Domain Name: drlnk.com
Registered at http://www.dynadot.com

Registrant:
EDITED: See Post #18
Worthing, west sussex BN14 9AG
United Kingdom

That address corresponds to the address as shown listed for the seller.

The actual owner of DRINK.COM is as follows:

DRINK.COM

Services from Network Solutions:

Domain Name: DRINK.COM

Registrant [21027]:
NetIncome Ventures Inc
345 Lower Bench Road
Penticton
B.C.
V2A8V4
CA

This is blatantly fraud:

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
fraud (frôd) Pronunciation Key n.

1. A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
2. A piece of trickery; a trick.
1. One that defrauds; a cheat.
2. One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

I will contact the rightful and legitimate owner of DRINK.COM.

This person should be banned from ebay.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, this has been going on for years, so it is nothing new. Yeah, the slime just oozes out at times. Though there have been some auctions where the seller does specifically point out the typo but promotes it showing the benefits of banner advertizing.

But for fun....

United Kingdom

His alias is mrextra.com ... anyone hear of him?

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This listing is a .Com domain, it contains only alphabetical letters (a-z and A-Z) it doesn't have any numbers or foreign characters, it is not a dynamic name
no fraud here.
if you want to know the REAL domain, just paste it in your browser.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no fraud here.
if you want to know the REAL domain, just paste it in your browser.

so if the owner of this domain tried the same trick on this board, what do you think the outcome would be?

So why should ebay be any different?

IMO this is fraud (by definition), whether it is legally regarded as fraud remains to be seen.
Notice fÃ*sh.com is back on sedo, buyer trying to recoup his losses?

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is fraud. You do not need to lie to defraud. He is clearly trying to duped someone into thinking it is somehting it is not.

I am selling my 1995 convertible Pointiac TA . Every single part in the car is in mint showroom condition, The body is mint, the interior is mint. I am only asking $3000.00 for it. Any takers??????

Now by looking at this ad, you think you are getting a deal right? Well, in reality, there is no engine in the car. Did I lie in my ad? I did not. I say every part in the car is mint, the engine is not in the car. I distincly say that every part "IN" the car is mint. since the enigne is not in the car, it isn't part of the deal, now is it? He is doing the same thing, looking to defraud.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Excuse the 0 feedback, started up as a UK Business on 1st January, so had to re-register.

(lovely excuse)

Feel free to phone to confirm location.
Can ship item worldwide.

(and i thought domain names could only be shipped via Fedex)

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm Selling the domain name:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DRlNK.COM[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Exactly as written above)[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is NOT a dynamic name, it is the actual domain:

(what is a "dynamic name"!?)

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DRlNK.COM[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Currently parked for revenue.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Extremely brandable.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Auth code provided to winner. No Transfer fee.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Payment by cheque, bank transfer or mutually agreed Escrow (purchaser pays fees)/[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All bids are considered final. Only bid if you intend to purchase, your bid is considered legally binding.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have a feedback rating of less than 10+, please check with me before bidding.

(but seller has "0" feedback - what a demand)
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Any questions, please ask or phone +44 (0) 1903 526425[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All bids are considered final.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm starting to sell of my complete portfolio of websites and domains - see my other items for more info.

[/FONT]
He will get caught......hopefully. :rolleyes:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed the person selling it and told him he's an idiot and that the buyer wont pay. He said:

"I'm selling it as drlnk, so what is the problem?"

email: [email protected]

I also invited him to come join our thread. Let's see if he shows up.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee he's already a member here..at least a gold member anyway.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed the person selling it and told him he's an idiot and that the buyer wont pay. He said:

"I'm selling it as drlnk, so what is the problem?"
A real beaut! No shit? Selling it as drlnk? Why the DRlNK in the title, description, and all the hype. Blatant fraud and deception. Admitted what he was selling only when questioned.

How many on DNforum wanted to pony up $3500.00 for DRLNK.com with 6 days to go?

I own TLTS.COM but I'll sell it to you for TlTS.COM.

(Just kidding, I don't really own it...)

BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME FROM SELLING IT ON EBAY!

YEE HAW!

BUSTED ANOTHER ONE!

Shall we keep an eye out for seller domainz-n-stuff?

Hmmm...might have to scrutinize some more of his gems.

See what if he really has the right STUFF.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ooo... Pretty picture. I hope people know how to READ.

GoPC

ps - to avoid such people, I own G0PC.com as well. Zeros are a little easier to spot :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am honored.

Ben, aka Mr. Extra, aka domainz-n-stuff obviously did pay this thread a visit. Or, perhaps it was another forum.

At any rate, Ben contacted me to confirm that he had indeed viewed a post somewhere, most likely here with Rock's gracious invite :cheers: being that we all have something in common...we are domainers. :grouphug:

So without further delay, I would like to post a personal not of thanks that I received at 1258 pm EST, 1858 pm UK time, from the one and only Mr. Extra.
---------------
So, you have a repuation for not letting down anyone.

Try me and see where you get.

You have 24 hours to remove your post.

---------------

I have not posted my response to Ben as it is a rather personal nature, you know...boy talk.

As the emails come in, I will be glad to share them with you if Mr. Extra continues to send them to me. And if that is the route he takes, then I will be most happy to share my responses as well as each and every email address that is attached to the message.

Everyone join me in welcoming Ben to our community. :behindsofa:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
checked his whois.
he updated yesterday with dynadot & added privacy
it is rather deceiving to say the least.
why people have to do it, i don't know :rolleyes:
Pred

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
checked his whois.
he updated yesterday with dynadot & added privacy
it is rather deceiving to say the least.
why people have to do it, i don't know :rolleyes:
Pred
Perhaps shortly after the thread began.

I have edited this post to remove the name of the individual who had pulled this stunt. I have received a couple of emails from him that I will also post. I think the humiliation plus the realization of how serious this could have been and the potential consequences has sunk in. I think it is only the proper thing to do. Besides, it’s a matter of the public WHOIS record anyways.

And I think Ben is now quite aware that he is under scrutiny along with other domain sellers on eBay.

Sorry for the long post but it kind of sums up everything.

----------

1/26 1258pm
So, you have a repuation for not letting down anyone.
Try me and see where you get.
You have 24 hours to remove your post.
----------

1/26 354pm
Glad you liked it.

Name one thing, just one little itsy bitsy thing that I posted that was false or a lie, like some we know.

And if you did nothing wrong, why is the auction not still up and running? My, 3100 YANKEE bucks for DRLNK.COM. That's what, about 1700 GBP?

If you want to try to sell DRLNK as a typo for DRINK, then say so. If you want to sell it as DrLnk.com as some Dr. Link, then say so.

So, please do keep emailing me and we'll keep adding to the post.

The choice is yours...don't email me and perhaps this will die down in 24 hours. Or keep emailing me, the post keeps getting added to as I submit your emails and my responses, it keeps getting bumped up to top of the list, more people have an opportunity to see what fools are made of, and you stay in the spotlight. I will allow you this one and only one opportunity to come to your senses and be reasonable, go away, and you can come back and play another day on ebay or somewhere.

Besides, I can not "remove a post". You can, however, contact the owner/administrator of ebay, DNforum, NamePros, and others that I have not mentioned yet, and petition those entities to remove the post or the complaint and have me banned or kicked off.

By the way, dumbass, I am hardly the only one to report you to ebay. Or start a thread about you.

Cheers!
----------

1/26 834pm
N0, N0NE 0F WHAT Y0U P0STED WAS A LlE. l WAS TRYlNG T0 BE CLEVER, H0PEFULLY THlS WlLL BE A LESS0N T0 ANY0NE TRYlNG T0 PULL A SlMlLAR STUNT lN THE FUTURE, D0N'T D0 lT. l SH0ULD P0lNT 0UT TH0UGH THAT l DlDN;T AT ANYTlME USE THE TEXT drink lN MY LlSTlNG AT ANYP0lNT. YES Y0U WEREN'T THE 0NLY PERS0N T0 P0lNT THAT 0UT T0 ME, AS WELL AS S0ME LEGAL ASPECTS SH0ULD l S0LD DRLNK.C0M
SlNCE CL0SlNG THE LlSTlNG l HAVE RECElVED A NUMBER 0FF 0FFERS F0R THlS D0MAlN, 0UTSlDE EBAY. THE QUESTl0NS lS: SH0ULD l REP0RT THEM T0 EBAY? MAYBE l C0ULD SELL T0 THEM, AFTERALL THEY W0ULDN'T HAVE ANY C0MEBACK..................
l GUESS l SH0ULD THANK Y0U ST0PPlNG ME MAKE A C0MPLETE A**E 0UT 0F MYSELF, ENDlNG UP lN JAlL 0R S0METHlNG.
----------

1/27/07 807am
Ben,

I appreciate your email and having come to the realization what you attempted to pull was not only wrong but criminal. Most likely a felony in any country. Deception is deception no matter how you want to look at it or word it. Deception for personal gain is fraud. You were close to violating international laws and not only committing fraud but wire fraud had you accepted money for this under false pretenses. These are very serious offenses. If they crossed international borders, it would have been interesting to see who wanted you the most; the FBI, Interpol, UK authorities. Then there would have been the matter or where to extradite you to stand trial. The real fun would have been deciding which prison to put you in.

Of course providing someone had not come after you personally.

The point is it did not happen and the worst of it is you made yourself look foolish. If your pride is the only thing that took a hit, consider yourself fortunate.

Had it gone on and people thought it was actually drink.com, it may have gotten as much as 30-50K or even more. Don't be stupid. You would have never gotten away with it in the long run and people end up dead for much less money than that.

If you get an offer from someone to buy it, be truthful and honest as to what it actually is. Most likely they still think it is drink.com.

Ebay does not like it when you sell off eBay but it is a matter of public WHOIS database. It is not the way eBay sees it but it is no different from someone looking up a domain name that I own and contacting me through a WHOIS contact listed. The reality is I can not advise you either way, but I am offering you some alternatives that eBay may not agree with but it is a public database. Just be truthful and forthright. Simply because you pulled it off eBay does not exempt it from any of the legalities mentioned.

Also, a word of caution...I have no doubts that some individuals making the offers off ebay have actually been kicked off ebay themselves for scamming or defrauding others. This is where you run the risk of becoming the victim. Not a comfortable feeling to be in, is it. Stolen credit cards, hijacked PayPal accounts, credit card charge backs. It would have never made through escrow.com. The seller does not get the funds released until the buyer indicates receiving the goods and is satisfied. No buyer would have been satisfied.

Here is what I will do.

I will remove your personal information from the post. That I can control. I can not totally remove the post or the threads. It is not my forum and it stays.

If anyone else has placed a quote with your personal information, I will ask them to consider removing it.

You will find that we all have many things in common on these forums...domains, internet, and website interests. The majority of the folks on the two forums are pure hardcore domainers.

Your eBay stunt could have ruined potential sales for all domain sellers as word got out about this. Every domain seller or every domain for sale would come under serious scrutiny. Most importantly, had this made the news, no one would trust any domains or domain sellers for quite some time until this settled down.

I will go ahead and post your response as well as my reply. Hopefully this will restore some respect and credibility, perhaps to both of us.

Nothing is worth going to prison, getting your ass beat, or ending up dead because you defrauded someone and stole their money. Don't be stupid. If you want some advice, join one of the forums. Learn how to go about doing this legitimately and becoming respected in the domain business.

Plus your real name and address was on the WHOIS. This may have made the news on the BBC as WORLD'S DUMBEST CRIMINALS which would have even been more embarrassing.

Take care and, this time, thanks for the note.

Regards,

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another day on Sesame Domain Street...

I hope everyone learnt todays lesson about criminal deception and how to stay oot of jail.

...brought to you by the letter "l" (or is that "L"?) and the number O (or is that an "0"?).

:p

PS: Good on the guy for correcting the error of his ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators