• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

If you reg a .com shoudl you get the .net as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone......

Ok so say I find a .com to reg, and the .net .org are there to reg also. Should people reg them as well, and if it's better to do so. How much more would one get when selling them together, it would seem to me most people would not pay more for them. But I'm not sure, because most domains sold is only for one .whatever.
 
I wouldnt take the .org or the .net, there is probably a reason why they are open. The only way that I would take it is if it is a new technology or something of that nature.
 
I'm asking a question about .net and .org values over here

If I get any replies there, it might help you here.

Personally, I think that if you have purchased the .com and it has some value (enough that you think someone will buy it off you) then it is worth buying the .net and .org

Selling the package would add value to the deal I think. Especially if you can pic up the .net and .org for $8ish each.

If anyone knows if owning all TLDs and pointing them to the same hosting would help search engine optimization, then this might also help your sale of the collection of names - you'd be able to promote the fact that Google will rank the site better - if that's the case... does anyone know?


Good luck
 
Hello Everyone......

Ok so say I find a .com to reg, and the .net .org are there to reg also. Should people reg them as well, and if it's better to do so. How much more would one get when selling them together, it would seem to me most people would not pay more for them. But I'm not sure, because most domains sold is only for one .whatever.

I believe that usually its best to just stick with the dotcom version unless its a real good name. By that I mean one that you really feel good about and maybe others have confirmed those feeling too. If you see a dotcom sell for a good price and the dotnet and/or dotorg (or other extensions) are still available for reg. then I would grab them quick. If a name is valuable I believe its better to own the complete group of extensions, but I would not register the nets and orgs just because I like the com. In other words I will take a chance on losing a few bucks on a com but not on the other extensions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom